Coffee is a famous hot beverage in the world. There are a variety of coffee machines and also, there are different ways of brewing it. Pour Over Coffee Makers are one of the manual coffee making machines.
What is Pour Over Coffee Maker?
Pour over coffee maker is one of manual coffee brewing techniques in which the hot water is poured on coffee grounds and wait for it to brew. And, for a perfect coffee brewing, you need to have a brewer, grinder, filter, carafe, scale and pouring kettle. Here, you have all the controller over the temperature of the water. How much ever you want you can boil the water and pour on to coffee grounds.
Top 10 Pour over Coffee Makers [Review]
Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker
Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker claims to give rich and flavourful coffee. Bodum pour over coffee maker is all in one, you don’t need any extra accessories. It is made in Europe.
- Bodum pour over coffee has inbuilt mesh stainless steel filter.
- There is no need for an extra paper filter.
- The carafe is made up of borosilicate glass with temperature resistant quality.
- The pour over coffee maker has a great grip and your hands will not get hurt.
- Bodum pour over coffee maker is dishwasher safe.
Bodum pour over coffee maker is best in all ways. It has an inbuilt stainless filter so you don’t have to worry about having an extra filter with you which is a very cool feature. The carafe is made of borosilicate glass which is temperature resistant so you don’t have to worry about that too.
Chemex Pour Over Coffee Maker
- The Chemex Pour Over Coffee Maker is made up of non-porous borosilicate glass.
- It has the cover feature and refrigerated for reheating without losing flavor.
- Pour Over Coffee Maker has the capacity to brew up to 4 cups of coffee.
- Chemex bonded coffee filter is included.
The Chemex Pour Over Coffee Maker is good and economical. The carafe is made of glass and it is fragile so it can be easily breakable. There is no inbuilt filter.
Coffee Gator carafe made of 100% BPA free. It gives you flavorful coffee without any bitterness aftertaste.
- Coffee Gator has a double layer-cut stainless steel mesh filter.
- It is 100% BPA free and environmental friendly.
- Coffee Gator has the capacity to brew 3-4 cups of coffee.
Coffee Gator is cheap but you can’t just see the price you should see all the necessary features. If you add little more money you can buy a better pour over coffee maker.
Cafellissimo is a paperless pour over coffee maker. Cafellissimo pour over coffee maker is small is the size and does not take much space in the kitchen.
- Cafellissimo pour over coffee dipper is easy to use stand-alone cone shape and works manually.
- It has less capacity for brewing. It can brew coffee up to 1-2 cups of coffee.
- You don’t have to use a paper filter, it has inbuilt double stainless steel mesh filter which won’t rust.
- Cafellissimo pour over coffee dripper is compact and weightless so it is travel-friendly.
- It is very easy to clean with just a few rinses.
It is very travel-friendly coffee dripper. Cafellissimo is weightless you can carry pour over coffee dripper with you while travelling. People may find difficulty in using this as it has very less capacity for brewing coffee. You can’t just brew once for few people.
Melitta pour over coffee maker is known for its best quality for over 100 years. Melitta coffee filter and dripper is founded by a housewife in 1908.
- Melitta pour over coffee brewer has the capacity of brewing up to 6 cups of coffee.
- The pour over coffee is made of BPA free cone coffee dripper and it includes 5 filters.
- Melitta pour over coffee maker is easy to use and makes a rich and smooth coffee.
- This cone and carafe are perfect for young adults as it does not take much space and the coffee brew at a perfect temperature.
Melitta pour over coffee brewer is one of the cheapest and most importantly it is easily operated. It is very convenient and handy. The pour over coffee maker is a good one to get a tasty coffee. But you have to be careful with the carafe because it is made of glass and has a chance of breaking easily.
Cosori pour over coffee gives you the best flavorful coffee and it has the capacity of brewing 8 cups of coffee.
- Cosori pour over coffee maker has the double layer 304 food-grade stainless steel filter.
- It is made up of borosilicate glass which has the heat-resistant power so you can directly place the decanter directly on the stove.
- You can easily customize your coffee with adjustable water temperature and pour style.
- The pour over coffee maker is dishwasher safe. You can easily clean the filter and decanter.
Cosori pour over coffee maker is one of the best one to have. It is worth spending money on the Cosori pour over coffee maker as it has all the necessary features for the best coffee.
Asobu pour over coffee maker is the most stylish and elegant coffee maker. You can carry the carafe anywhere, it very comfy and handy. Asobu pour over coffee maker comes in many shapes and design.
- Asobu pour over coffee maker has the heat resistant grip collar so that you can easily manage the carafe while heating and pouring the coffee.
- It includes the filter made of stainless steel micro mesh filter.
- The carafe can be closed with stainless steel which will help to keep the coffee hot up to 12 hours.
- The Asobu is made up of borosilicate glass and stainless steel so it can be reusable and making it durable.
The Asobu pour over coffee maker is the expensive one. It is the most stylish pour over coffee maker which is very comfy and handy. You can use the carafe wherever you want because you can remove the collar filter and the leak-proof lid makes it easy to take it along with you.
Kajava Mama pours over coffee dipper is a very stylishly designed and is a classic ceramic pour over coffee dipper. Kajava Mama lets you brew delicious coffee.
- Kajava Mama pour over coffee maker is designed in such an angle that it allows the coffee ground to bloom and you will get a delicious coffee.
- The coffee make is hand made with premium quality ceramic.
- The material can absorb heat evenly to maintain perfect temperature and keep the handle cool so that you don’t hurt yourself.
In the same price, you can get the stainless steel carafe. Kajava Mama pour over coffee maker is fragile and you have to be very careful with the coffee maker while using it.
OAMCEG pour over coffee maker allows you to customise every cup of coffee. Every time you can experience a fresher and tastier coffee.
- It is an artisanal glass dripper.
- OAMCEG pour over coffee maker has inbuilt stainless steel double mesh permanent reusable filter.
- OAMCEG has the real wood collar to protect your hands from getting burned.
- It has included borosilicate glass which helps in steady and durable.
- It is very easy to clean. You can just simply rinse with water to clean the filter.
The OAMCEG pour over coffee maker is highly recommend. It adds stylish art to your kitchen and also very attractive as well as durable. It has the wooden collar which helps in protecting your hands. It also includes a permanent filter so you don’t need to buy extra filters.
Pure Journi pour over coffee maker uses special platinum, the gold metal that mixes with the coffee oil and gives you the best rich and delicious coffee.
- Pure Journi pour over coffee maker is made of BPA free borosilicate glass.
- The pour over coffee maker comes with a platinum gold filter.
- It also ensures about giving the smooth and delicious coffee and it is specifically designed for the health-conscious coffee drinkers.
The Pure Journi pour over coffee maker is one of the best manual coffee makers and it is specially designed for the health-conscious coffee drinkers.
Buyer’s guide to Select the Best Pour Over Coffee Maker
- Good Grinder – A coffee lover knows what makes the coffee delicious, the good quality coffee grounds gives you the rich coffee. For that the most important thing is the grinder, so you should choose a burr grinder pour over coffee maker. A good coffee ground gives you the best flavorful coffee so you need to choose the good burr grinder.
- Portability – The best pour over coffee maker is the one which is weightless and easily carried with you wherever you want. Everyone looks for the manual coffee maker which fits into their bag. Especially youngsters are travel freak and they like to travel and those who are coffee lovers they can easily keep the pour over coffee maker into their bag.
- Customize – Always choose the pour over coffee maker which customize the brew and allows you to customize the water temperature. The ideal temperature range for brewing coffee is 195°F–205°F.
- Proper collar – Choose that pour over coffee maker or dripper or kettle which has a wooden collar or heat resistant collar grip so that you don’t harm your self. A proper collar grip can protect your hands from getting burned. The carafe without proper grip can slip from your hand.
- Capacity – Always check the capacity of the pour over coffee maker that how many cups of coffee can be made. If the coffee maker can brew up to 4-8 cups of coffee then you will not face any problem when suddenly guests crash at your place.
- Filter – It is better to choose the pour over coffee maker which has inbuilt stainless steel mesh filter rather than paper filter. Paper filters have the chance of leaving any papery taste. So it’s better to choose the one which has inbuilt filter.
How to use pour over coffee maker?
Firstly grind your coffee beans properly which is the most important part of brewing coffee. You should know about the measurement of coffee ground and water.
Then heat your water and it should be as hot-off-the-boil for pour over coffee maker. Before brewing rise the paper filters with water so that any taste or flavor of the paper don’t mix with the flavor of the coffee.
After that, pour coffee on the filter and pour little water to just contact the coffee ground to just wetting the coffee. Then after a few seconds pour hot water onto the ground in a circular motion and wait for the coffee to let brew.
How to clean a pour over coffee maker?
There is no fast and hard rule of cleaning the pour over coffee maker. You can just pour water and add a little bleach (dishwasher) and shake a bit and throw it. Again rinse the filter and carafe with the water. The last process is drying up the vessel with clean cloth.
What else can you use your pour over coffee maker for?
If your pour over coffee maker has removal collar, then you can cover the carafe with a tight lid and can carry with you to the office or for the trip. You can keep water, juice or any other beverage in the carafe as you can use it as a bottle.
What kind of pour over coffee maker is better?
Look for below properties while purchasing good pour over coffee maker.
- Made of BPA free borosilicate glass
- Has heat resistant power
- Has good thermal effect, where you can brew the coffee at once and drink it latter
- Has a wooden collar grip so that it protects your hands.
What ground coffee is used for a pour over coffee maker?
The medium-fine grind is typically used so that it will not pass through the filter. And keeps the coffee ground separated from the coffee.