Table of Contents
What Is Cold Brew Coffee?
Cold Brew Coffee is a type of coffee, in which the method of natural flavor extraction over a long time is used instead of conventional heat to rapidly extract the coffee’s oils, sugars, and caffeine.
The process of preparation of cold brew coffee involves steeping coarse, ground coffee beans in cold water for a minimum of 12 hours, followed by filtering the grounds, mixing it with milk/water, and serving with ice if desired. Such high time is consumed in preparation of cold brew coffee because of the natural extraction of sugar, oils, and caffeine.
Cold Brew coffee is pretty popular during summer, in nations especially like the U.S. The fact that it involves a very complicated brewing process further enhances its flavor and aroma, and increases its popularity among people.
Benefits Of Cold Brew Coffee
Here are some of the benefits of consuming cold brew coffee, over normal coffee:
- Consuming cold brew coffee reduces the risk of heart diseases, due to the presence of chemicals like caffeine, phenolic compounds, magnesium, trigonelline, and lignans.
- Regular consumption of cold brew coffee helps to keep one’s blood sugar level in check, thereby reducing the risks of type 2 diabetes.
- Like normal coffee, cold brew coffee also boosts a person’s metabolism.
- Because cold brew uses time instead of heat to extract coffee’s oils, sugars, and caffeine, hence its acid content is less compared to normal coffee. Thus cold brew coffee is very easily digestible compared to normal coffee, as they are acidic beverages that may stimulate acidic reflux.
- Cold Brew Coffee also reduces the risk of having Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease
In addition to such immense health-related benefits, other factors that make cold brew coffee stand out in comparison with other types of coffee is its smooth and chocolate taste, which performs the purpose of attracting coffee enthusiasts thus leading to its popularity.
How to make Cold Brew Coffee at Home without Machine
If you are wondering about How to make cold coffee at home without machine, then, try out this cold brew method to make cold brew coffee at home.
If you can spare your time, then below process will will help you to make excellent cold coffee without machine.
Required Material to Make Cold Coffee at Home
The materials that will be required for the preparation are:-
- Coarse coffee grounds
- Cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer
- 2 Wide mouth mason jars
- 14-20 hours’ worth of patience
Process to make Cold coffee at Home without Machine [with Infographic]
Step by Step Process to make Cold Brew Coffee at Home
- Put the coarse coffee grounds in a mason jar, wet with minimum water, wait for 30 seconds.
- This is followed by the addition of water in 5:1 ratio with grounds, and then stirred properly.
- Close the mason jar top, and put it in the refrigerator for about 14-20 hours, depending on the quantity of ingredients added., and the strength of cold brew desired.
- After an appropriate amount of time, put the strainer over the other mason jar with a little slack in the middle to catch the grounds. One may use clips if necessary to hold in place and pour the coffee into the other container.
- After filtration, we get the concentrate that we can store in the refrigerator for about 7-14 days.
To serve the coffee, the concentrate is simply diluted with the desired amount of water, and after this fresh homemade cold brew coffee can be thoroughly enjoyed.
Coffee Machines to Brew Cold Coffee
If you are looking for best Coffee machines to brew cold coffee, then please check below for Top 3 best cold brew coffee machines.