The first BUNN Coffee Maker was produced by the BUNN-O-Matic Corporation, way back in 1963 and since then it has remained a popular attraction for all coffee enthusiasts.
These BUNN Coffee Makers are mainly famous for their unique extraction and brewing methods employed, hence known for providing superior quality coffee to its users.
Table of Contents
Comparison of Top 3 BUNN Coffee Makers
Top 12 Best BUNN Coffee Makers Review
1. BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Coffee Maker
The BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Coffee Maker is undoubtedly one of the best BUNN coffee makers of recent times due to its ability to brew a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 cups of quality brew at a time, within a very short span, and its speed does not slow down with time, unlike most other similar products. This BUNN coffee maker is specially engineered and manufactured for use above 5000 feet altitude.
This BUNN coffee machine consists of a solid built-in quality, and consists of features like a stainless-steel water tank; 800-watt heater, and internal thermostat that enable the users to obtain a hot brew anytime, without having to wait long for the water to boil, and the double-walled thermally insulated carafe facilitates the coffee storage and flavor retention.
- Hot Water Tank: This BUNN Coffee Maker consists of a stainless steel internal hot water tank that keeps the stored water heated to optimal brewing temperature of 200 F.
- Carafe: This coffee maker contains a double-walled, vacuum-insulated thermal carafe made of stainless steel that keeps the stored coffee warm comfortably for up to 2 hours.
- Brewing Time: It is capable of brewing a minimum of 4 and maximum of 10 cups of coffee at one go, in an average time of 3-4 minutes.
- Spray Shower: It consists of a spray head shower that enables superior flavor extraction for the brew.
- High-Altitude Usage: This coffee maker is specially engineered and manufactured, to make it suitable for usage above 5000 feet altitude.
2. BUNN GRW Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer
This is highly-rated BUNN Coffee, and is an extremely effective coffee maker that serves the needs of most coffee lovers. It consists of a ceramic coated warming plate and a drip-free glass decanter.
This BUNN Coffee Maker is capable of brewing about 10 cups of coffee per 3-5 minutes and it works great at an altitude of 4000 feet or above, serving amazing flavored coffee at a temperature of about 200 degrees Fahrenheit. It also consists of a warmer with an on-off control switch.
- Decanter: This BUNN Coffee Maker consists of a new Pour-O-Matic drip-free glass decanter.
- Water tank: It contains a stainless steel water tank that is capable of storing water at a temperature of 200 degrees Fahrenheit for an instant brew.
- Carafe: It contains a drip-free carafe, made of glass that is capable of keeping the stored coffee warm.
- Spray Head: It consists of a unique spray head that is capable of extracting the finest flavors from the coffee grounds, to serve the users a nicely textured coffee.
- High Altitude Brewing: The greatest advantage of this coffee brewer is that it is capable of brewing coffee at high altitudes to provide hilly people and tourists the flavor and taste of the rich brew.
3. BUNN GRB Velocity 10-Cup Coffee Maker
Similar to the other mentioned BUNN Coffee Makers, the BUNN GRB Velocity 10-Cup Coffee Maker is capable of preparing up to 10 cups of brew in about 3-4 minutes, thus serving the time-related demands of the modern users.
It consists of an exclusive drip-free carafe with a proprietary lid and spout design as well as a multi-stream spray head shower. Along with it, it provides the facility of easy usage, long durability, and further assures a three year warranty period to its customers.
- Hot Water Tank: It consists of an internal stainless steel made hot water tank that keeps the stored water hot, thus enabling brew on demand.
- Filter: It consists of a large flat-bottom filter and a funnel that allows greater interaction between hot water and coffee grounds for superior flavor extraction, and amazing rich brew.
- Carafe: This BUNN coffee maker consists of an exclusive drip-free carafe with a proprietary lid and spout design that arcs the pour of the coffee into the cup and wicks the coffee dribbles back into the carafe, thus preventing a mess on the cup or the serving counter.
- Spray Head: It consists of a multi-stream shower head that showers water uniformly over the entire coffee grounds, thus contributing to their superior flavors.
- Brewing Time: It is capable of brewing up to 10 cups of great flavored coffee in less than 4 minutes, thus serving the time constraints of the recent users.
4. BUNN-O-MATIC CSB1 Speed Brew Select BUNN 10C Brewer Coffee Maker
- Water Tank: Like all the other BUNN coffee makers, even this consists of a stainless steel hot water tank for facilitating fast brew at any desired time.
- Fast Brew: It is capable of brewing a full pot of coffee in less than half the time required by the other BUNN coffee makers mentioned in the list.
- Carafe: It contains a drip-free carafe that aids coffee storage and delivers the cleanest pour due to its proprietary lid and spout design. Its drip-free feature is because of its ability to arc the coffee into the coffee cups and take the rest back into the carafe, the result is a clean pour, and minimizing any possibilities of coffee spilling.
- Inclusions: This coffee brewer includes a free 25-coffee filter starter pack.
- Warranty: It provides a 3 year warranty period to the consumers.
5. BUNN Speed Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer
This is a latest launched product from BUNN that has an engineered spray head that extends the contact time between water and grounds resulting in Coffee taste comparable to your favorite restaurant or Cafe.
This BUNN Coffee Maker can brew about 10 cups or 50 ounces of coffee and its pour-o-Matic drip carafe provides user-convenience by minimizing any chances of coffee spilling.
- Water Tank: Like all other BUNN coffee makers, it also consists of a water tank that always keeps hot water stored, so that one can brew a pot of coffee at any desired time in about 4 minutes.
- Spray Head: It consists of a BUNN-engineered spray-head that extends the contact time between water and grounds resulting in Coffee taste being comparable to one’s favorite restaurant or Cafe. The Spray head is also lime tolerant, hence discouraging mineral build-up thus facilitating less cleaning and maintaining a longer brewing life-cycle.
- Carafe: This coffee maker has a Pour-o-Matic drip-free glass carafe that is specifically designed to eliminate spillage down the side of the carafe and on the warming plate, and hence facilitate in storage of the brewed coffee.
- Switch: It consists of an automatic on and off switch to shut off the heating system whenever required to conserve energy.
6. BUNN BX Speed Brew Classic 10-Cup Coffee Brewer
BUNN BX Speed Brew Classic Coffee Maker contains a stainless steel water tanker as well as the capability to brew 4-10 cups of coffee in just 3 minutes. Some of its unique features include a vacation switch for auto turn-off as well as porcelain warming plate with lighted on/off switch. This BUNN Coffee maker is also energy efficient, hence can be kept on for longer period.
- Hot Water Tank: The presence of a stainless steel hot water tank enables it to keep hot water in supply for 24/7, thus enabling rapid brew at any time.
- Carafe: This coffee maker contains a glass carafe with a porcelain-coated warming plate with lighted on/off switch, thus aiding storage of brewed coffee.
- Spray head: Contains a unique designed spray head which ensures complete flavor extraction from the entire coffee grounds.
- Low Electricity Bill: Unlike most other coffee makers, it can be kept plugged in for days to maintain a ready-made supply of hot water for brewing, since it hardly has any significant power consumption.
- User Friendly: This machine consists of features like auto turn-off switch as well as a porcelain-coated warming plate.
7. BUNN VPR-2GD 12-Cup Pourover Commercial Coffee Brewer
The BUNN VPR-2GD 12-Cup Coffee Maker is a coffee machine that consists of two independently functioning and controlled warmers which facilitate it in producing a huge amount of coffee daily. Its most striking feature is its ability to brew 3.8 gallons of coffee per hour with about 12 cups or 64 ounces of coffee at one go, thus serving as a perfect model for large families.
Along with its 2 warmers, it also consists of 2 decanters that remain heated one at the top and one at bottom, and help in serving 64 ounces of coffee. Also its portable nature and SplashGard Funnel serve as a boon for its users.
- Brewing Quantity: It is capable of brewing about 3.8 gallons of coffee in an hour and a massive amount of 64 ounces or 12 cups of coffee at one go, thus serving as the best option for a large family, work-place or any commercial purposes.
- Warmers: This coffee maker contains 2 warmers independently controlled namely the upper and lower warmers, that are responsible for its fast-brewing capacity.
- Glass decanter: It consists of 2 glass decanters, to be able to serve 12 cups of coffee and they always remain warm due to the 2 warmers being present.
- Portability: The BUNN VPR-2GD 12-Cup Coffee Brewer is portable due to its size and can be used at any place that has electricity and a plugging facility to supply power to it. Hence it is suitable for both domestic and commercial use purposes.
- SplashGard Filter: It contains a SplashGuard Filter made of plastic to avoid splitting of any liquid on the user’s hand. Thus it avoids the creation of any mess in the serving spot, and further maintains user convenience.
8. BUNN HB Heat N Brew Programmable Coffee Maker
- Programmable Features: This BUNN coffee maker contains a digital clock with programmable brew start time for Coffee that’s ready whenever one sets the timer of brew.
- Brewing Speed: It is capable of 10 cups of coffee in about 10 minutes, and hence not a very time-consuming option for the buyers.
- Auto Warmer: This coffee maker contains an auto warmer plate that turns on during brewing and off automatically after 2 hours, to provide hot brewed coffee.
- Carafe: It contains an exclusive shatter-resistant drip-free carafe that delivers the cleanest brew in the market.
- Water Reservoir: The water reservoir of this BUNN Coffee maker is entirely on the top and it ensures a multi-stream sprayer to ensure even distribution of water, over the entire coffee grounds for perfect flavor extraction.
9. BUNN NHS Velocity Brew 10 cups Coffee Brewer
The BUNN NHS Velocity 10 Cup Coffee Maker is the fastest available 10 cup coffee makers, which is capable of brewing a full pot of coffee in about 3 minutes.
Its exclusive new design supports easy flowing and prevents spilling of any coffee, and allows one to make 10 cups of coffee at one go, which is a huge amount.
This coffee maker has the important and signature water temperature maintenance feature thus adding to its low brewing time consumption.
It also consists of features like drip-free carafe with a proprietary lid and spout design and flat bottom filters that work in coordination with the funnel, thereby helping to produce a great flavor fin the coffee.
- Hot Water: An internal hot water storage is always ready, to brew hot coffee anytime on demand.
- Carafe: It consists of an exclusive drip-free carafe with a proprietary lid and spout design that arcs the pour of the coffee into the cup and wicks the coffee dribbles back into the carafe, thus preventing a mess on the cup or counter.
- Filters: This BUNN Coffee maker consists of a large bottom filter and a funnel that works in coordination and hence allows greater interaction between hot water and coffee grounds for superior flavor extraction.
- Spray Showers: This coffee machine has a multi-stream spray head that easily showers water uniformly on the whole coffee ground.
- Time-Consumption: It is the fastest available 10 cup coffee maker, that is capable of brewing a full cup of coffee in 3 minutes.
- Vacation Switch: It also contains a vacation switch to provide one the opportunity to turn off the constant heating of the water.
- Material: The water tank of this coffee maker is made of stainless steel, which keeps the water heated for a long time at an optimal brewing temperature of about 200 degrees Fahrenheit, thus responsible for its fast-brewing.
10. BUNN BX-D Velocity Brew Coffee Brewer
This coffee maker pays special attention to user-convenience and hence has facilities of an on-off switch and water-storage always at 200 degrees Fahrenheit temperature.
The tall and elegant design, glass carafe, and spray-head distribution features are further facilities provided by this popular product.
- Water Tanker: It contains a stainless steel water storage tank, designed to store hot water at almost 200 degrees Fahrenheit for instant brew.
- Filter: This coffee maker uses a basket filter.
- Carafe: The brewer comes with a glass carafe, which aids storing of the brewed coffee.
- User-Convenience: This coffee maker contains on/off switch, spray-head carafe for uniform distribution of flavor and fast-brewing options to add to the convenience of coffee enthusiasts.
- High Altitude Brewing: This coffee maker is specially engineered and manufactured to be able to work in high-altitude places.
11. BUNN BTX-B(D) ThermoFresh High Altitude 10-Cup Coffee Brewer
- Water Tank: This coffee brewer consists of a stainless steel water tank that stores hot water at a temperature of almost 200 degrees Fahrenheit, and hence facilitates fast brew.
- Carafe: This coffee maker consists of a stainless steel made double-walled carafe, that is vacuum insulated to keep the brewed coffee warm for hours, and is very effective especially in hilly areas.
- Spray head: The presence of a spray head ensures even and complete flavor extraction from the coffee grounds.
- Thermostat: It contains a special thermostat that has been designed specifically for brewers brewing coffee at high altitudes, and helps the carafe to prepare an store the hot brewed coffee.
- High Altitude Brewing: It provides the scope of brewing coffee at high altitudes of over 5000 feet altitude, by providing proper flavor and storing the brewed coffee warm for hours.
12. BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer
This BUNN coffee maker is made of plastic, and enables the feature to brew an abundance of different options including K-Cups, ground coffee, tea bags, loose tea, and more. This BUNN MCU Coffee maker is often known as the best single-serve coffee maker that is available in the market.
It can brew anywhere between 4 to 14 ounces of coffee, in about 1-2 minutes and does not have any carafe facility for coffee storage. It also has a four drawer system included and is quite easy to use and operate, thus adding to its immense popularity who have a taste of most types of beverages.
- Indicators: This BUNN MCU Single serve coffee maker has several light indicators that become active during brewing. The green light signifies the requirement of the addition of water, red light implies heating up and the red and green light simultaneously signifies that the drawer is not placed properly.
- Water Tank: Like all BUNN coffee makers, even this has a stainless steel water tanker that needs to be filled with 14 ounces of water always.
- Cleaning: This BUNN MCU Single-serve contains a removable drip tray,drawers, and drip-tray cover which are all dishwasher safe, and hence easy to clean and maintain.
- Drawer System: This BUNN Coffee maker has a 4 drawer system that is designed to allow a completely personalized brewing experience, which includes the Cup Drawer, Ground Coffee Drawer, Pod Drawer, and Water Drawer.
- Coffee Brewing: It is capable of brewing hot and perfectly textured coffee in less than a minute, thus providing the quickest possible service to its users.
- Versatility: This coffee maker machine is also capable of brewing multiple variations including K-Cups, ground coffee and soft co, tea bags, tea pods or loose tea, and many more.
Buyer Guide to Select the Best Bunn Coffee Maker
Let us have a look at the most critical factors that must be considered before purchasing a Bunn Coffee Maker.
Carafe of a BUNN Coffee Maker:
As seen above, most of the Bunn Coffee Makers can brew about 10 cups of brew at a time, and in most cases families do not consume the entire 56 ounces of coffee at one time.
Generally families use the coffee makers only once in the day, to consume electricity just once and brew up to the maximum 56-ounce limit, which is later consumed throughout the day. Hence one must purchase a BUNN coffee maker after having a look at its carafe, such that it is capable of satisfying the personal needs of the users.
Bunn coffee makers are quite expensive and hence while purchasing them and considering the reputation of the manufacturer, people expect a lot of advanced features like programmable technology, indicator switches, and automatic control buttons from these coffee makers to make their life easy and comfortable.
Also in the modern world, the speed of brewing is an important aspect for most users. However not all of the Bunn coffee makers possess all of these features. Hence one must check BUNN coffee maker depending upon the features it provides vs expected features before making a purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions Related To Bunn Coffee Makers
Q1. How to Clean A Bunn Coffee Maker?
The steps to clean a BUNN coffee maker involve:
- Turning off the Bunn coffee maker and unplugging the unit from the wall outlet.
- Dampening a soft cloth in warm water and liquid detergent, make sure the detergent is mild and non-abrasive and using the damp cloth to thoroughly clean the surfaces of the coffee maker.
- Rinsing the dry surfaces of a machine by dampening a second cloth followed by taking a dry cloth to dry off the machine.
- Detaching the coffee maker’s spray-head and carefully removing mineral deposits from the holes in the spray head by using the pointed end of the spray head cleaning tool.
- After this one needs to insert the long end of the cleaning tool into the spray head fitting and rotate the tool several times until mineral deposits are cleaned off.
- This is followed by inserting the long end of the cleaning tool into the bypass fitting. After this one should rotate the tool several times until mineral deposits are cleaned off and wipe off any residue with a cloth, and reattach the spray head.
One should attempt to clean a BUNN coffee maker at least thrice a week following the above steps.
Q2. How to use a BUNN coffee maker?
Although there is a slight variation in the usage steps between different models of a Bunn coffee maker, most of them involve quite similar usage steps. They are:
- Setting a BUNN coffee filter in the brew funnel.
- Placing the desired amount of coffee into the filter and leveling out the grounds for a more even brew.
- Sliding the brew funnel into the filter guide.
- Opening the lid and filling the carafe with 4-10 cups of water.
- Pour the water into the brewer as per proportion with the added coffee.
- Turning on the warmer, unless one uses an ST or BT model.
- Close the lid to begin the brewing process, and wait for the brewing completion of the rich flavored coffee.
Q3. How to Empty A Bunn Coffee Maker?
The steps to empty a Bunn Coffee Maker involve holding the Bunn coffee maker securely and turning it upside down over a sink or carafe to pour out the contents of the reservoir.
This is followed by holding the contents of the coffee maker upside down until the water stops flowing from any part of the machine.
This is followed by replacing the spray head by screwing it back on in a clockwise direction and sliding the filter basket and glass coffee decanter back into place and refilling the reservoir with clean water.
Post this one should wait for at least 5 minutes before turning the Bunn coffee maker back on after it has been emptied and refilled.
Q4. How much coffee to use in a Bunn coffee maker?
The amount of coffee to be used in a Bunn coffee maker completely depends upon the concentration of the number of cups of coffee the user wants to brew at a time.
However, the most general estimate of this question would be 1 tablespoon of ground coffee per cup of 5 ounce capacity, depending on the number of cups brew desired.
But again this is dependent on various factors like the strength of coffee desired by the users, and the proportion of water added.
Q5. What Size Filter to use for A Bunn Coffee Maker?
Although the size of the filter varies according to the coffee machine and their capacity, but for most standard Bunn Coffee Makers that are of a 10 cup maximum capacity, the filters that can be easily used are the paper filters that have an overall measure of 8.5″ and a base diameter of 3″, and fit 500 in a bag.
Q6. How Long Does It Take for A Bunn Coffee Maker To Heat Up?
For most Bunn coffee makers, it takes the stored water 15 minutes to heat up after pressing the switch, thus making it suitable for brewing.