Camping Percolators are selected Coffee Percolator machines that are compact, portable and specially designed to brew coffee fast at a camping site. They are categorized by the special features that enable them to serve and operate efficiently outdoors and endure some rough usage.
Top 3 Best Camping Coffee Percolators
1. GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator
The GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator is a perfect example for camping coffee maker that is exactly suitable for operating in outdoor conditions. What makes this Camping Coffee Percolator special is its capability to be used both on stovetops and camping fires.
The other feature that makes this Camping Percolator an exciting option is its PercView glass dome that enables the users to have a sight of the brewing process.
- Filter: This coffee percolator does not require any filter if one is using some coarse ground coffee. However, you can use normal little percolator filters to avoid any suspended particles if required.
- Operation: This special coffee percolator is capable of operating on both stove tops as well as on camping fires.
- Transparent Glass Dome: The PercView glass dome of this percolator enables the users to have a sight of the brewing process.
- Sturdy Structure: Being made of stainless steel, this 0.89-pound percolator is corrosion-resistant, comprehensively withstands ground impacts. Thus it possesses the perfect durability and structural toughness.
- Cleaning: The parts of this percolator are dishwasher safe, and hence is easy to clean.
2. Coleman Stainless Steel 12-Cup Coffee Percolator
Coleman Coffee Percolator is another perfectly suited camping percolator which is capable of brewing up to 12 cups of coffee in one go.This Camping Coffee Percolator is extremely durable, simple to clean.
- Brewing Capacity: It can brew up to 12 cups of coffee at one go.
- Material Used: The stainless steel construction makes this percolator withstand rough usage. It also makes the machine corrosion-resistant.
- Glass Dome: It contains a Glass Dome which lets the brewer have a look into the brewing process.
- Brewing Compatibility: This camping percolator is compatible with either a camping stove or a grill.
- Weight: This coffee percolator is very lightweight compared to the other percolators available, making it a perfect option to carry along anywhere.
3. Primula Today 9-Cup Stovetop, Grill Or Campfire Percolator
The Primula Today 9-Cup Stovetop, Grill Or Campfire Percolator is a perfect Camping Coffee Percolator for people who prefer traditional appearance and process. It follows the age-old method of working on potentially any heat source ranging from stove to grill and fire, suited for both domestic as well as outdoor usage.
It provides the option to adjust brew color, flavor, and strength, a feature that is missing in a lot of other percolators.
- Brewing Capacity: This camping percolator is capable of brewing about 9 cups of coffee in one brewing cycle.
- Spherical Knob: The feature of this coffee maker that makes it unique is it’s clear spherical knob that enables the brewer to adjust it according to their brewing requirements.
- Construction: This percolator is composed of ultra-durable aluminum, and is extremely lightweight making it quite convenient to carry around.
- Cleaning: It is quite easy to clean.
Editor’s Choice: Best Camping Coffee Percolator
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- BETTER BREWING – Primula’s 9-cup Coffee Percolator is compact, easy to use, and delivers nine (9) cups of rich, smooth Coffee in one pot. Perfect for everyday use and for large gatherings at home or around the campfire.
- EASY TO USE- Simply fill the lower chamber with water, Fill the filter with ground coffee, and place on stovetop. Within minutes, delicious, bubbling cups of coffee will fill your pot. Remove from heat and enjoy.
- SIMPLISTIC, CLASSIC DESIGN – Carefully crafted with aluminum. Provides thorough and even heat distribution for enhanced flavor and aroma. Features a matching lid, lipped spout and stay-cool black plastic handle.
- SAVES YOU MONEY- Enjoy the craft coffee experience from the convenience of your home at a fraction of the price. Make quality coffee quickly, without the hassle of electric coffee machines or single-use pods.
- IDEAL FOR HOME, CAMPING AND TRAVEL – Works on all electric, ceramic and gas stovetops including propane. Also suitable for grills and campfires too, making it the perfect camping accessory.
All The three camping coffee percolators mentioned above are great brewing machines and provide excellent features to their users. If we need to select one among them, then, we go for the Primula Today 9-Cup Stovetop, Grill Or Campfire Percolator.
The reasons for choosing the Primula Today 9-Cup Stovetop, Grill Or Campfire Percolator are listed below:
- Most coffee brewers nowadays prefer to have coffee of the desired flavor and strength, according to their preferences. Primula Today 9-Cup Stovetop, Grill Or Campfire Percolator provides the brewers the unique feature of a spherical knob that enables them to customize their brew.
- This coffee percolator made of pure aluminum is extremely durable, thus making it to serve long, as well as to be able to withstand rough usage.
- Being made of aluminum, this camping percolator is extremely lightweight and hence is more convenient to carry for outdoor camping trips.
Buyer’s Guide to Select The Best Camping Percolator
Let us have a look at the critical factors that must be looked upon to select the best camping coffee percolator.
1. Durability and Rough Usage Handling Capability Of the Camping Percolator
In case of camping coffee percolators, durability plays a major role. Camping Percolators are meant for outdoor usage, and hence unlike normal coffee percolators, they are expected to brew even on uneven surfaces, in extreme weather conditions. Thus the percolator needs to be extremely durable.
2. Brewing Compatibility of the Camping Percolator
Camping Percolators are expected to be able to provide a decent brew in any sort of circumstance, whether there be the availability of a stove, grill or just a campfire. However, the problem occurs since most camping percolators do not support all heat sources for brewing. Hence, to avoid any such inconvenience, one must purchase a camping coffee percolator that supports most methods of brewing. Among the above-mentioned percolators, the Primula Today 9-Cup Stovetop, Grill Or Campfire Percolator is a perfect example of such a coffee maker.
3. Brewing Capacity
To serve the brew requirements of larger groups, the camping coffee percolator must be able to produce at least 9-12 cups of brew per brewing cycle. Hence one must go for a camping coffee percolator by considering the brewing capacity of the percolator.