Stainless steel coffee makers are all the buzz right now since these coffee makers give you better tasting coffee. There are people out there who claim that some chemicals in the plastic might infuse your coffee during brewing process and altering the taste.
Going BPA free is one way to go, the other is stainless steel coffee maker that not only gives you better tasting coffee but also look good on the kitchen counter top
Table of Contents
The advantages and disadvantages of stainless steel coffee makers
Advantages of Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
- These coffee makers are BPA free hence are environment friendly and help you contribute a little towards going green.
- These stainless steel coffee makers have a great body finish and excellent durability that makes your coffee machine last longer.
- Stainless steel coffee machines keep your coffee warm for a longer duration.
- These coffee makers look aesthetically pleasing sitting on your kitchen counters.
Disadvantages of Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
- These stainless steel coffee makers cost a lot more than plastic body coffee makers.
- The body of these coffee machines may get hot and you have to handle it carefully, otherwise you may burn your hand.
- If there is a spillage situation on the body of the coffee maker then your coffee may taste of burnt milk.
Comparison of Top 3 Stainless Steel Coffee Makers
Top 11 Stainless Steel Coffee Makers [Review]
1. Cuisinart DCC-3400 Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
This Cuisinart product is another great option for coffee snobs out there. The coffee maker is highly intuitive and user friendly. It has a smart and sleek design with a stainless steel polished silver metal surface that looks excellent on kitchen countertops. It has a thermal carafe with up to 12 cups capacity that can serve an entire family. The carafe is walled which locks the heat from escaping keeping the coffee warm for a long time. It comes with strength selector and adjustable control options which allow you to adjust the intensity and volume of your coffee. It gives you the option to choose from three strength settings; strong, medium and mild. You can pre ground coffee to brew a fresh pot of coffee. This stainless steel coffee maker allows you to use a permanent charcoal filter which extracts the flavor and aroma of the coffee. It also gives you the 24 hour advance programmable feature, auto shut-off and auto brew feature. Features:
- Double wall insulated stainless steel carafe.
- Brew pause, auto shut off feature.
- 12 cup capacity.
- Brushed stainless steel finish.
- Charcoal water filter and gold tone filter.
2. Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker
Mr. Coffee has been a top choice among coffee snobs for years. With a variety of different coffee makers, this product definitely comes in the top three. Wake up to a delicious cup of Joe first thing in the morning with this 10 cup switch coffee maker plus it is stainless steel this gives your coffee an additional kick.
This coffee maker has a simple design and functionality with some modernized touch which makes it environment friendly. It brews great tasting coffee with little to no effort. Making an excellent cup of coffee with nuanced taste down to the last sip is a one of the many great things about this coffee maker.
Features a ‘grab a cup’ Auto Pause feature that allows you to pause the brewing process mid cycle, then grab a cup and resume it making it perfect for those customers who just cannot wait for their morning cup of Joe.
- Dual water window helps you to see the water level in the water reservoir.
- The on/off indicator light feature allows you to see that the coffee maker is on and helps you turn it off.
- This stainless steel coffee maker also includes a lift and easy clean filter basket for fast cleaning without any hassle.
- Small size makes it perfect for small kitchen counters and offices.
- Grab a cup auto pause, pauses the brewing process mid cycle for you to grab a cup.
3. Zojirushi EC-YCS100 Stainless steel Coffee Maker
With exceptional features, drip coffee is just the beginning of this amazing stainless steel coffee maker. This high end coffee maker with sleek design and excellent features also has the capacity to give up to 5 cups of coffee.
The design and easy assembly, makes it the perfect fit for small apartment spaces and offices. It features a charcoal water filter which drastically improves the taste of the coffee and an extremely smooth texture along with a stainless steel body making it one of the best drip coffee makers on the list.
Some select features such as pre infusion cycle and time saver, make this coffee maker a lot different from others. The feature to brew iced coffee definitely makes it stand apart. It serves coffee at 200 degree Fahrenheit.
It comes with a glass shaped carafe and features a cone shaped filter that makes sure that water evenly distributes through the grounds and extracts all the flavors. The water reservoir is compact and saves a lot of storage space. It also has an automatic keep warm feature.
- The charcoal filter helps your coffee attain a nuanced flavor.
- The automatic keep warm feature will keep your coffee warm for a little while.
- Easy assembly and basic operation
- The conical filter in the carafe distributes water evenly.
- Space saving reservoir and small footprint and a stainless steel body that makes it environment friendly.
- Includes a measuring spoon and manual guide.
4.Bialetti, Stainless Steel Musa Stove top Coffee Maker
One of the oldest coffee maker companies out there, the Bialetti coffee makers celebrates more than 80 years of classic design and technological simplicity. It allows the consumers to enjoy great Italian coffee. That tastes better with its stainless steel body .
The eight sided shape allows heat to diffuse profusely to increase the aroma of the coffee. This coffee maker is also known as the Italian way to brew coffee at home and is easy to use since it comes with clear and detailed instructions. It is a stainless steel stovetop coffee maker which is ideal for outdoor activities as well as indoor coffee cravings.
- Leaves a rich deep flavor for 2 shots of espresso.
- Stainless steel stovetop espresso maker.
5. Hamilton Beach 49976 Flexbrew Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
Hamilton products are thoughtfully crafted to suit every individual’s needs. Hamilton uses consumer insights, in depth research and rigorous testing to fulfill people’s everyday needs.
From fresh grounds to K cup pods, the Hamilton beach brew stainless steel coffee maker gives you a variety of options to please people of all kinds that love different coffees and quantities.
This combo coffee maker allows you to brew a full pot using your favorite grounds on the carafe side, or make a cup for yourself using the single serve pod or grounds on the single serve side.
- Two way brew: brew a single cup using the single serves side or make an entire pot of coffee using the carafe side.
- Single serve: brew with k cups or without them. Pod holder and ground baskets are included.
- Cup rest is included that adjusts to fit tall mugs and doubles as storage.
- Pod piercing needle removes for easy cleaning to prevent clogging
- The carafe side can hold upto 12 cups.
- Features programmable delay, auto pause and serve for 2 hour auto shutoff.
- Each brewer as a separate water reservoir that has water windows to see which brewer has how much water left.
- In about 3 minutes you can a single cup of coffee from the single serve brew.
- It is a stainless steel coffee maker that is environment friendly.
6. Delonghi BCO430BM Two Way Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
The De’longhi combination steam espresso/drip coffee machine offers the best of both worlds. This machines gives you espresso, cappuccino, regular cups of Joe, lattes and even hot chocolate that tastes like perfection down to the very last sip.
The machine can brew two drinks at once, with a drip coffee machine on one side and the cappuccino maker on the other. The stainless steel coffee maker can keep your coffee warm and fresh for a longer period of time. The espresso is steam prepared, which means hot water pushed through coffee beans.
- Gold tone filter is included with this stainless steel coffee maker.
- Removable 40 oz water reservoir for easy filling.
- 24 hour programmable pump pressure bar.
- A manual frothier mixes steam and milk together for all your favorite drinks.
- The active carbon filters keeps water fresh and free from all impurities.
- The 10 cup stainless steel carafe gives you coffee that is enough for a large gathering.
- It comes with the brew pause and auto shutoff feature too.
- This Stainless steel coffee maker adds to the look of the kitchen.
7. BRAUN KF7170SI Brew Sense Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
This amazing stainless steel drip coffee will completely change your outlook on how you serve coffee to your guests. The exceptional coffee maker makes a great gift that definitely falls in your budget plus the
coffee tastes nuanced down to the very last sip.
It has a free standing counter top space and a small footprint plus its stainless steel body makes it environment friendly. It does not clutter your kitchen space and looks aesthetically pleasing.
Basic operation and its plug and use design makes it an excellent coffee brewing machine. Just like the classic Braun brew sense, it maintains the temperature of the coffee and has a programmable feature.
- Brew selector for optimizing the strength of the coffee according to you preferred taste.
- 24 hour advance programmable timer
- Stainless steel body.
- It can brew 1-4 cups in regular and bold strengths
- Maintains the correct water temperature.
8. Black + Decker 12-Cup Programmable with stainless steel body
Black and Decker products are an amazing choice for a lot of its users. If you are looking for economical choices but do not want to comprise with the taste, then this is the way to go. It is extremely time efficient. It quickly grinds and brews the coffee according to your taste.
This machine comes with a pre programmable feature for those users who have a busy schedule. This stainless steel coffee maker lets you pre set the grinding settings and brewing options. You also have the option to, use pre ground coffee rather than grind your own beans.
- 24 hours quick touch programming for ease of use.
- Built in grinder attached with a permanent filter and stainless steel body that keeps coffee warm for a longer duration.
- The filter is easily removable and can be rinsed.
- Non stick-keep hot carafe plate, with a glass carafe that has a 12 cup capacity and a large quantity water tank that is easy to access and fill.
- The auto brew feature and the Sneak a cup feature.
- Backlit display with customizable strength selector.
9. Capresso 497.05 Coffee Maker with stainless steel body
This cool stainless steel coffee maker gives you the option to fully adjust to your palate flavor by adjusting your coffee brewing settings. It gives you the 24 hour advance brew feature with a programmable clock timer and an easy to read display. It comes with a permanent gold tone filter. The coffee maker uses a glass carafe with a 12 cup brew capacity.
- Permanent gold tone filter.
- 10 cup glass carafe with easy to use handle and brew through the lid.
- Solid steel body.
- Sleek body design and a pleasing appeal.
- Fully removable water reservoir.
- Auto shut off and 24 hour advance setting feature.
10. CAPRESSO Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine EC100 with Stainless Steel Body
This espresso and cappuccino maker is one that will never disappoint you. If you are an espresso lover then this machine is worth going for. The thermo block heating system; stainless steel lined heating system with 15 bars of pressure for high pressure brewed espresso.
This espresso maker comes with two different filters for one or two espresso or pre packaged espresso pods. The design of this machine provides it sturdiness, with the heavy duty stainless steel construction with large, integrated cup warming tray.
This espresso maker also comes with a swivel frother that gives unlimited steam output for perfectly frothing or steaming milk for cappuccinos or perfecting your latte art. This stainless steel espresso maker comes with a removable 46 oz water container that provides easy filling and cleaning without any hassle plus it is BPA FREE.
- Dual frothing system separately for cappuccinos or lattes.
- The stainless steel coffee maker also comes with a warming plate and drip tray to keep the coffee warm for a longer duration.
- The coffee maker comes with a high pressure frothing system.
- The auto rinse feature makes cleaning a no hassle job.
11. CAPRESSO 425 On the Go Personal Coffee Maker, stainless steel body:
This coffee maker is extremely simple to use and does not cost a lot. This stainless steel bodied coffee maker looks good sitting on the bed side table plus it is single serve coffee machine.
This coffee maker takes about 4 minutes to brew a 16 ounce serving. The coffee maker comes with a travel mug that is about 7 inches tall.
You can use your own coffee grounds with this kitchen equipment. Fill the coffee grounds into the basket and start the brewing process. The coffee maker comes with an amazing design.
Since there is no button to adjust the brew strength but you can play with the strength of the coffee by adjusting the amount of coffee you add in the basket. Stainless steel body keeps your body warm for a long duration.
- Compact and excellent design: extremely small footprint with full stainless steel body for amazing strength and style.
- Extremely easy to clean since all the part; travel mug, coffee filter and removable filter are all dishwasher safe.
- The coffee maker includes a 16 ounce travel mug or you can use your own mug.
- The coffee maker heats up quickly to the perfect temperature of 200 degree Fahrenheit.
- The coffee maker comes with a permanent filter that can be used with ground coffee or soft coffee pods.
Buyer Guide to buy the best Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
1. Brewing temperature:
Some coffee makers come with adjustable temperature options. In the sea of different brands selling coffee makers, the temperature control is often neglected, but stainless steel coffee makers take care of this problem.
There are various stainless steel coffee makers out there that have excellent single serve option but the full pot does not brew efficiently, since the temperature is not high enough, thus leaving a bitter aftertaste. Hence temperature becomes an extremely important feature while purchasing a coffeemaker.
2. Type of carafe:
there are two different types of carafe available to choose from; a glass carafe or a thermal carafe. Some people may prefer glass carafe since then the coffee maker may come with a warming plate or they consume coffee almost immediately, while a majority of the people out there will go for a thermal carafe.
If you let your coffee sit for a longer duration then I would advise you to go with a thermal carafe. If you are going for a stainless steel coffee maker then thermal carafe is a better choice.
Durability is a very important feature when it comes to stainless steel coffee makers. Some coffee makers out there may last for a long duration whereas some coffee makers despite stainless steel bodies, might not last more than 6 months.
4. Presence or absence of warming plate:
It is an important feature that lets you keep your coffee warm for a long duration, so if you let your coffee sit for a longer duration, then get a stainless coffee maker with a warming plate.
5. Capacity of the water reservoir:
It is one of the most important features on this buyer’s guide. Different coffee makers come with a varied range and size. Some coffee makers have compact water tanks that make them easy to store but may not store water enough for brewing a full pot.
Other coffee makers have large water reservoirs that make storing difficult but will make a good amount of coffee. So it is extremely important that you check the footprint of the water reservoir too.
6. Price of the coffee maker:
Different stainless steel coffee makers come at different prices. Some models that offer a lot of additional features may make a big dent on your accounts and may not deliver a great cup of Joe whereas there are other models that may not cost a lot but have a tasty cup of coffee.
If you are not experienced in the field of making barista style drinks so it is better not to go for coffee makers with built in grinders or espresso makers. So before buying a coffee maker finalize a budget, and look for coffee makers in that range.