Among the various types of coffee makers available in the market, the Wifi-enabled smart coffee makers have undoubtedly emerged as the latest trend in the modern world, with the gradual emergence of technology and digitization.
Table of Contents
What Is A Smart Coffee Maker?
A smart coffee maker is simply a coffee maker that is smart enough to function on its own and provide you a brew without requiring any actual physical labor from your side. They just provide a smarter and perfect way to start one’s day.
Smart coffee makers can connect to your phone via either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, or even both in many cases, and can be controlled by an app.
With the help of smart coffee makers, one can simply start a brew with just one click in the mobile phone, and can further adjust the brew flavor, temperature, and other features from the same phone mobile. Thus, smart coffee makers are very helpful for physically challenged people also to brew their coffee with minimal effort.
Key Features Of Smart Coffee Makers
- Automatic operating facilities using mobile apps through a Wifi network connection or Bluetooth.
- Adjusting facilities of the brew flavor, strength, and taste from the mobile app itself, or through voice control technology through either Alexa Echo or other such facilities.
- Eliminating the need of physical presence during the process of brewing.
- Automatic shut-off facility, thus preventing the need for physical presence to monitor the brewing process.
- Great time-saver and a source of amazing user convenience, also helps in brewing tastier coffee with limited brewing skills.
Comparison of Top 3 Smart Coffee Makers
Top 10 Best Wifi Enabled Smart Coffee Makers [Review]
Let us have a look at the top 10 best Wifi enabled best coffee makers across the world.
1. Hamilton Beach Alexa-Enabled Programmable Smart Coffee Maker
Its extremely convenient usage because of its facility to be either controlled by the Alexa android app or by voice control with the Alexa smart speaker plays a huge role in its immense popularity and its constant modification to adapt to the latest technological facilities makes it more user responsive.
The entire coffee maker is programmable with an automatic syncing clock, and hence everything ranging from the operation of the machine to selecting the strength and flavor of the brew can simply be done with just one app.
Also its auto shut-off feature allows automatic turning off of the heating plate thus eliminating the need for someone’s physical presence during the brewing process.
- Control: The Hamilton Beach Alexa-Enabled Programmable Smart Coffee Maker, as suggested by its name can be controlled either by the Alexa android application, or by the voice-controlled feature of the Alexa smart speaker.
- Programmable: This Wifi-enabled smart coffee maker contains a clock that keeps the correct time by syncing with the app, and hence allows one to easily program for ‘Wake-Up Ready Coffee’ using routines in the Alexa app.
- Filters: This coffee maker comes with reusable filters that perfectly fit the model, and hence eliminates the need of purchasing any additional filter.
- Avoiding Coffee Pours: This coffee maker consists of a mess-free serving system, a cup without messy spills or Drips, and a Glass Carafe that is designed with a drip-free pour spout so every drop of the brewed coffee makes into the mug.
- Operation: Operations like selecting the brew strength can be done both manually, as well as with Alexa, thus providing usage facilities in times of bad internet service and network connection.
- Auto Shut-Off Technology: This coffee maker contains an auto shut-off technology that facilitates automatic turning off of the heating plate after 2 hours, hence eliminating the need for physical presence during brewing.
2. GOAT STORY GINA Smart Coffee Brewing Instrument
GINA is an award-winning smart coffee instrument that turns coffee brewing into a special and memorable experience. With a precision valve to control the drip, an integrated precision scale, and a dedicated brewing app, it enables one to brew coffee with pour-over, immersion, and cold drip methods.
It possesses a great award-winning design, and due to its features of providing and supporting three brewing techniques as well as the versatility of even preparing tea, the GINA Smart Coffee Brewing Instrument is undoubtedly one of the most popular smart coffee brewing instruments in the entire world.
- Brewing Methods: This coffee maker supports three brewing methods that involve Pour over coffee, cold drip / cold brew, and french press immersion brewing techniques, thus adding to its versatility.
- Smart Facility: It can control the flow of coffee drip with a precision valve and can facilitate brewing with the help of a GINA app that guides one through making the best cup of coffee ever.
- Award-Winning Design: The GINA Smart Coffee Instrument combines an award-winning design with flawless functionality that earned it a Red Dot Product Design 2018 award.
- Precision Valve: The secret to GINA’s versatility is the precision valve. A smooth turn of a knob lets one adjust the drip speed and take control of the flow. One can leave it open for pour-over or close it for immersion. Further, one can tune one’s cold drip, or go wild and explore the possibilities of hybrid brewing with the help of this valve.
- Filters: Standard Hario V60, Chemex, or any other cone-shaped paper filters that fit in GINA’s funnel can be used.
3. Atomi Smart WiFi Enabled 12 Cup Coffee Maker
The Atomi Smart WiFi Enabled 12 Cup Smart Coffee Maker is a great example of a smart-wifi enabled coffee maker that can be controlled by one’s Alexa app or Alexa smart speaker, and hence the entire brewing process can be completed over the phone.
Enabled with the capacity to record daily schedules, and to be operated from the comfort of one’s bed, this coffee maker undoubtedly provides all the smart features one can demand for.
It enables controlling the strength of the brew as well the flavor from the coffee, and hence can provide anyone with a perfect and desired brew without having to do any physical work.
Also its great brew quality and relatively cheap price as compared to other coffee makers, add to its popularity and usage among the coffee enthusiasts.
- Alexa Brew Coffee System: This Wifi-enabled smart coffee maker can be controlled by one’s Alexa app or Alexa smart speaker from the android phone. Hence it is extremely easy to program and control for any user, as it requires no coffee brewing skills from the users. Hence it is both Alexa and Google compatible and can be controlled with both iOS and Android.
- Programmable: The Atomi Smart WiFi Enabled 12 Cup Coffee Maker has a clock that is automatically synced with the time in your android phone, and hence enables programmable features for one to obtain a brew whenever desired.
- Set It Up And Forget: Similar to most other wifi-enabled smart coffee maker machines, even this one provides the facility to forget just after adjusting the brew settings and enjoy a delicious and royal brew just after a few minutes. Also its features of adjusting strength and flavor form the phone makes it further user-convenient.
- Capacity: The massive 12 cup capacity of this coffee maker, means that 12 cups of coffee can be brewed using this device at one go, and hence is extremely easy and convenient for large families, or commercial purposes like cafes.
- Filter: This coffee maker contains a reusable and washable filer, thus making it easily cleanable.
4. Mr. Coffee Smart Wifi Coffee Maker
The Mr. Coffee Smart Wifi-Enabled Coffee maker is a great smart coffee maker, which can be easily controlled through one’s mobile phone. This coffee maker lets one start the brewing process, adjust the timer, and set up reminders using the WeMo App on your mobile device.
It also allows one to set up his/her weekly brewing schedules to save time in this hectic age. This coffee maker contains a removable brew basket that facilitates easy set-up and clean-up, and its 10 cup maximum brewing capacity makes it a great deal for large coffee enthusiastic families.
Besides its auto-brew technology and optimal and faster brewing facilities make it a great product for most customers.
- Smart Facilities: The smart facilities provided by this coffee maker include adjusting timers, setting up reminders using the WeMo App on the android, and controlling the machine using the same application without any physical labor.
- Filter: This smart coffee maker consists of a disc filter that is hinged, and makes disposing of used grounds very easy, and thus contributes to the superior flavor of the coffee.
- Carafe: Being a 10-Cup coffee maker, the stainless steel thermal carafe is playing a huge role in storing the huge magnitude of brewed coffee.
- Brewing Technology: The optimal brewing technology employed by this smart, Wifi-enabled coffee maker provides faster brewing and fuller flavor.
- Latest Facility: This coffee maker contains an exclusive Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished.
5. Behmor Connected Customizable Smart Coffee Maker
The Behmor Connected Customizable Smart Coffee Maker is an extremely useful coffee maker with customizable, temperature control features and can be controlled with a phone app, as it is integrated with Amazon Alexa.
This coffee maker is compatible with both Apple iOS and Android. Its pulsed water flow design ensures that all grounds are fully saturated and the pre-soak function helps to add water to the grounds before brewing, thereby allowing the coffee to fully bloom.
Also enabled with temperature control along with latitude calibration features, this is a smart coffee maker that perhaps provides the most number of brewing features to its users.
- Control: This smart Wifi-enabled coffee maker can be easily controlled with an android Amazon Alexa application as well as the Boehner app, and is compatible with both iOS and Android.
- Brew Control Features: This coffee maker consists of brewing temperature control, pre-soak time, and altitude control for precision brewing features. Its temperature control facility allows one to prepare the brew within a temperature range of 190 to 210 degrees Fahrenheit. Also its altitude calibration feature is a key for ideal flavor extraction for the brew.
- Carafe: It consists of a double-walled stainless steel carafe, that is capable of retaining the temperature and flavor of the brewed coffee for hours.
- Water Distribution: Its pulsed water flow design ensures that all grounds are fully saturated and the pre-soak function helps to add water to the grounds before brewing, thereby allowing the coffee to fully bloom.
Buyer’s Guide to Select The Best Smart Coffee Maker
Let us have a look at some of the most critical factors that must be kept in mind, while selecting a Wifi-enabled smart coffee maker.
1. Control Features Of The Smart Coffee Maker
We all know that Wifi-Enabled Smart Coffee makers can be easily controlled through mobile apps, using a wifi network, however, one of the prime reasons for their less popular over conventional coffee makers despite their incredible user-friendly features, is because of the poor the control they provide.
The Smart coffee makers claim to operate and to provide several brewing features by simple adjustments in the android apps, but in reality they do not live up to their expectations.
As described in the reviews, the android applications or voice-control features of most smart coffee makers do not respond properly after some months of usage, thus rendering it to be a manually controlled coffee maker.
Hence, purchase a coffee maker that offers a trustworthy online operating apps like the Amazon Alexa, and which contains buttons for manual control due times of bad Wifi-connectivity or poor app performance.
2. Size and Capacity Of The Smart Coffee Maker:
Size, portability, and capacity of brewing are again some important factors that play a special role when it comes to deciding between two smart coffee makers, and the selection is completely based on personal requirements.
Again smart wifi-enabled coffee makers come in a variety of cup-brewing capacities, and the capacity to select again depends on the personal needs, depending upon the number of coffee enthusiasts in the family.
3. Type and Form of The Brew:
Similar to the size and capacity features, the Wifi-enabled smart coffee makers also offer a wide range of options when it comes to the form of coffee and the type of brew prepared.
For example various wifi-enabled smart coffee makers provide espresso coffee, while the others provide specific brews, like espressos, straights, lattes, and so on.
Also they employ different coffee brewing techniques resulting in different flavors and aroma of the final brew. Hence, one must purchase a smart coffee maker according to the personal preferences of the brew and type of coffee manufactured by the smart coffee maker.