Capresso coffee makers have risen into popularity in the recent years. The name suggests the whole brand range itself. Capresso stands for ESPRESSO and CAPPUCCINO.
The brand has taken off and customers are extremely delighted with the features these products have to offer. The brand gives you every product you are looking for as a coffee snob, milk frother, espresso maker, coffee makers, gooseneck kettles etc.
Comparison of Top 3 Capresso Coffee Makers
Top 10 CAPRESSO Coffee Makers [Review]
1. Capresso Coffee Maker, MT900 10 Cup Rapid Brew
This is one of the most efficient coffee makers on the list. The MT900 coffee maker can brew up to 10 cups in about 7 minutes. The shower head, showers the coffee grounds evenly, wetting them quickly and brewing faster, this result in faster brewing and flavor extraction.
The shower heads of Capresso Coffee makers are large ensuring the flavors are fully and effectively extracted. You end up with a delicious cup of coffee. The coffee maker gives you the option of choosing between a glass carafe and a thermal carafe.
The thermal carafe keeps your coffee warm for a longer while, if you leave your coffee sitting around for a while. The coffee maker can have about 50 ounces of water and the water tank is removable.
This Capresso coffee maker comes with brew pause feature that lets you pour yourself a cup of coffee before the entire brewing process completes. The advance brew feature helps you set a timer up to 24 hours in advance.
- This CAPRESSO coffee maker comes with two kinds of carafe; glass carafe and thermal carafe.
- The water reservoir is removable; 50 ounces is the quantity of the water tank.
- This Capresso coffee maker model comes with a brew pause and advance brew feature.
- The water filter removes up to 82% of chlorine and other impurities with charcoal water filtration.
- The gold tone filter is an excellent feature of these Capresso coffee machines that eliminate the need for messy paper filters and is dishwasher safe.
2. Capresso coffee Maker Personal, On the Go
This CAPRESSO coffee maker is extremely simple to use and does not cost a lot. It looks good sitting on the bed side table plus it is single serve coffee machine. There is a single button that you push to start the brewing cycle which gives a single size of coffee.
This coffee maker takes about 4 minutes to brew a 16 ounce serving. The Capresso coffee machine comes with a travel mug that is about 7 inches tall. You can use your own coffee grounds with this kitchen equipment. Fill the coffee grounds into the basket and start the brewing process. The coffee maker comes with an amazing design.
Since there is no button to adjust the brew strength but you can play with the strength of the coffee byadjusting the amount of coffee you add in the basket. The machine is very compact and just under a foot tall and half a foot on either side of the base.
- Capresso Coffee Makers are known for its compact and excellent design. Extremely small footprint with full stainless steel body for amazing strength and style.
- Extremely easy to clean since all the part; travel mug, coffee filter and removable filter are all dishwasher safe.
- The coffee maker includes a 16 ounce travel mug or you can use your own mug.
- The coffee maker heats up quickly to the perfect temperature of 200 degree Fahrenheit.
- This Capresso model comes with a permanent filter that can be used with ground coffee or soft coffee pods.
3. Capresso Drip Coffee Maker, 5 Cup
This Capresso coffee maker is a great option if you are environment friendly and want to save energy. It brews an amazing cup of coffee, which you will certainly enjoy first thing in the morning. This coffee maker also comes with a 24 hour advance brew feature which will give you a cup of coffee without any hassle in the morning.
This Capresso coffee maker uses gold tone permanent filter. You do not use paper filters since these are extremely harmful for the environment. The gold tone filters do not fiddle with any kind of chemicals, so it won’t react with the acid or oil in coffee grounds. Superfine grounds should not be used since it will give a muddy coffee.
This coffee maker comes with a glass carafe feature hence it has an in built warming plate which stays on for a maximum of two hours and then shuts off. These features make it an excellent choice to go for and I am sure that you won’t be disappointed.
- Capresso coffee makers are famous for their compact design; perfectly sized 5 cup glass carafe is ideal for 1 or 2 people.
- Gold tone filter: eliminates the need for messy paper filters and is easy to clean.
- Programmable: set the machine to automatically brew at your programmed time.
- Keep warm: hot plate stays on for two hours and then turns off.
- Drip stop: pour a cup before the entire brewing cycle completes.
4. Capresso Coffee Maker, MT600 PLUS
This Capresso coffee maker is definitely one of the best coffee makers out there in terms of taste of the coffee. The CAPRESSO hits the sweet spot amongst all of its other kitchen equipments. It offers great functionality and can brew up to 10 cups in one go.
The coffee maker also comes with the advance brew feature that allows you to set the timer on your coffee up to 24 hours in advance, this gives you a freshly brewed cup of coffee first thing in the morning without any hassle.
This Capresso machine comes with a permanent gold filter and charcoal water filter. The coffee maker does not give you a choice when it comes to carafes; it offers a thermal carafe. Overall the machine is made of plastic and a small amount of stainless steel, making a huge difference on the appearance.
With every 6 ounce cup of coffee you need to add 10 to 14 grams of coffee, for that delicious cup of Joe. This coffee maker brews about 10 cups of coffee in about 8 minutes for maximum flavor and aroma. Stainless steel lined heating system reduces the need for decalcifying.
Charcoal water filter removes up to 82 percent of chlorine and other impurities from tap water. Illuminated 24 hour programmable LCD digital clock display with soft touch controls. The electronic filter indicator shows when to replace the charcoal filter.
- This Capresso coffee maker is designed to give you more capacity as a normal outer lid pressure cooker.
- Comes with a 2 in 1 safety pressure indicator.
- Uses best quality steel; with stronger lugs and thick base.
- Stainless steel heating element can brew 10 cups in less than 8 minutes.
- Set the machine to automatically brew coffee at your programmed time.
5. Capresso Coffee Maker, Pump Espresso and Cappuccino MAchine EC100
This espresso and cappuccino maker is one that will never disappoint you. The thermo block heating system; stainless steel lined heating system with 15 bars of pressure for high pressure brewed espresso. This espresso maker comes with two different filters for one or two espresso or pre packaged espresso pods.
The design of this Capresso machine provides it sturdiness, with the heavy duty stainless steel construction with large, integrated cup warming tray. This espresso maker also comes with a swivel frother that gives unlimited steam output for perfectly frothing or steaming milk for cappuccinos or perfecting your latte art.
The Capresso espresso maker comes with a removable 46 oz water container that provides easy filling and cleaning without any hassle. The frother comes with two different parts; a frothing sleeve and steam tube. The frothing sleeve is used for cappuccino and if you remove the frothing sleeve it reveals a steam tube for lattes.
- Dual frothing system separately for cappuccinos or lattes.
- The Capresso coffee maker also comes with a warming plate and drip tray to keep the coffee warm for a longer duration.
- The coffee maker comes with a high pressure frothing system.
- The auto rinse feature makes cleaning a no hassle job.
6. Capresso Team Pro Plus Coffee Maker
This Capresso coffee machine also features a two step grind and clean chamber and a patent pending ground coffee dispenser it also boasts user friendly features such as an oily bean function for darker roasts and a 24 hour programmable timer that makes it easy to wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee.
This coffee maker is also extremely time efficient since it can brew about 10 cups of coffee automatically. The water tank of this coffee maker is easily removable and it also comes with a removable bean container. It features a two-step grind and clean process to ensure that no beans and minimal ground coffee are left in the grinder.
The grinder and cup setting are easily adjustable and give you a tasty cup of coffee anytime. In my opinion, this Capresso coffee maker is one of the best products present out there.
- 24 hour advance programmable timer with an LCD display for easy function.
- The water reservoir is easily removable and easy to clean.
- Solid steel conical burr grinder with removable upper burr.
- Slow burr grinder with fully adjustable settings like oily bean function for dark roasts.
- This Capresso coffee maker has a patent pending dispenser improves flow of ground coffee into the filter
- Two step grind and clean chamber automatically cleans the grinder after every cycle.
7. Capresso 12 Cup Drip Coffee Maker
This coffee maker has the capacity to serve about 12 cups of coffee and it comes with a glass carafe. The coffee maker comes with a gold tone filter that eliminates the need of a messy filter and it is extremely easy to clean. It is a programmable coffee maker and you can easily set the machine to automatically brew at your programmed time.
It also comes with a warming plate that can stay on for about two hours and then turns off. This Capresso coffee maker also comes with a DRIP STOP feature that helps you pour a cup of coffee while the brewing process continues.
- The coffee maker comes with a glass decanter.
- The glass carafe can hold up to 10 cups of coffee.
- The auto off feature can keep coffee warm for about two hours and then turns off automatically.
- This Capresso coffee maker comes with a gold tone filter that is easy to clean.
8. Cappresso 303.01 4 Cup Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
This is the ideal coffee maker for a variety of drinks like cappuccino, frappes, lattes, espresso shots etc. It comes with a removable drip tray. The carafe has a durable design and it is dishwasher safe. This coffee maker gets cleaned without any hassle.
This Capresso coffee mode has a few safety features like boiler cap and thumb guard for the filter holder to prevent burn injuries. It also includes an exclusive coffee and steam selector which makes brewing and steaming extremely easy.
You can also control the strength of the coffee according to personal taste, with this Capresso coffee maker. It is an ideal coffee maker for hot water to teas, Americanos, espresso beverages, hot chocolate etc.Features:
- This Capresso coffee maker comes with a swivel frothier with controllable steam output which works perfectly for steamed milk for lattes and frappes.
- It also includes a safety feature; boiler cap with a built in valve.
- There is a filter holder with thumb guard.
- The illuminated on or off indicator light to keep you aware.
- Removable drip tray which makes it easy to clean.
- The glass carafe is dishwasher safe.
Buyers’ guide to Select the Ideal Capresso Coffee Maker
Although this list provides you with detailed information on some of the best Capresso coffee makers out there but as a buyer you should be well aware of your needs. Some of these may cater to your requirements and some may not. So a little planning and researching will make you go a long way and may even save you money in the long run.
- Serving size
Serving size is an extremely important feature when looking for an ideal coffee maker. Some Capresso coffee makers out there serve a full pot carafe but the brew may be mild for your own taste and when you brew a 12 cup carafe according to your own needs, you end up with just half the serving size which is an absolute bummer.
There are a lot of options in the available range that give travel mug size cups of coffee from the single serve function and additionally can serve larger quantities such as 8 ounces to 10 ounces. It is up to you, what size you prefer.
- Serving size
- Carafe type
There are two different types of carafe available to choose from; a glass carafe or a thermal carafe. Some people may prefer glass carafe since then the coffee maker may come with a warming plate or they consume coffee almost immediately, while a majority of the people out there will go for a thermal carafe. If you let your coffee sit for a longer duration then I would advise you to go with a thermal carafe.
- Carafe type
- Built in grinder
A lot of different Capresso coffee makers out there come with a built in grinder that comes with a lot of different feature that are fully adjustable.
This feature comes with a learning curve and may cost a good amount, so do not invest in a coffee maker with an integrated conical burr grinder if you are not absolutely sure about it.
Although these bean to brew coffee makers may prove to be a great part of your journey as a coffee lover but sometimes the perfect strength and grind combination can be a little difficult to navigate.
Features like ‘oily bean’ for dark roasts etc give you flavorful cups of coffee straight after grinding the beans. These integrated grinders are great for coffee lovers who have an experience hand at grinding coffee or for individuals who want to learn the techniques and skills required to grind coffee with perfect coarseness.
- Built in grinder
- Easy cleanup
Since various Capresso coffeemakers are big in size with a lot of machinery inside, it is very important to keep the equipment clean and mold free. There have been various cases of food poisoning from molds and bacteria that grew in crevices of these coffee makers.
A lot of the options in the market come with easy cleanup with instruction manual on how to take care of the machine but there are a lot many products with great features but do not have options for cleaning the machine without any hassle. So make sure that you run through all the cleaning processes when buying a coffee maker before landing on any one.
- Easy cleanup
- Counter space
Some heavy Capresso coffee makers with a lot of different features are bound to take up more space on the counter whereas some of the models from the range may come with a tiny footprint.
People love to craft the look of their kitchen and the design of the equipment is as important as the functioning. Large, chunky pieces sitting on the counter taking up a lot of space are never a buyer’s first choice; they are looking for the best aesthetically pleasing designs too.
Some other Capresso coffee makers are suitable for on the go coffee. The brand range comes with a variety of options to buy from but keep in mind your counter space available.
- Counter space
Different Capresso coffee makers come at different prices. Some models that offer a lot of additional features may make a big dent on your accounts, but may not be required for your usage. So, pick the capresso coffee maker considering the features that are required.
- Serving temperature:
Some coffee makers come with adjustable temperature options. In the sea of different brands selling coffee makers, the temperature control is often neglected, but Capresso takes care of this problem.
There are various Capresso coffee makers out there that have excellent single serve option but the full pot does not brew efficiently, since the temperature is not high enough, thus leaving a bitter aftertaste. Hence temperature becomes an extremely important feature while purchasing
- Serving temperature:
FAQs about Capresso Coffee Makers
Q1. How to clean a Capresso Coffee Maker?
It is very important to maintain the hygiene of your coffee maker since, grease and oils from the ground coffee may leave a certain smell or may clog the filter. It is necessary that you routinely clean the coffee maker since a dirty appliance may alter the taste of a once delicious cup of coffee.
The Capresso coffee makers require regular cleaning just like any other filter out there to remove the built up debris from the coffee grounds. Capresso has always recommended cleaning its coffee makers with dry cloth instead of using hot water like other brands. You will require a paper coffee filter or Capresso’s gold tone reusable filter along with a soft cloth.
Step 1: release the filter by pushing the manual release button and carefully remove the used filter.
Step2: using the handle of the coffee scoop, remove or loosen a coffee stuck in the filter holder and gently wipe clean with the soft cloth. Now wipe out the gold tone filter using a dry cloth and throw the paper filters in the garbage.
Step3: now look for the feeder channel cover and remove it carefully. Using the dry cloth, gently wipe the inside of a now exposed feeder channel.
Step 4: close the feeder channel cover put the filter of your choice back into filter holder and close the filter holder securely.
For extra cleaning, fill the filter basket with 1 part vinegar to 3 part water mixture and run the brew cycle. This will decalcify the inner workings of the coffee maker, when the brewing process is complete, remove the water reservoir and rinse it thoroughly with water. Then fill it with clean water and run the brew cycle again. Run 1 or 2 brew cycles of water to absolutely clean the coffee maker.
Q2. How long will Capresso Infinity Last?
Capresso infinity is one of the best grinders present out there. It does not heat up the coffee beans and traps the flavor and aroma of the coffee beans. Since this burr grinder is an upgrade for blade grinders,
it dies not cost much. This burr grinder is an excellent choice if you are just starting as I coffee grinding newbie. This grinder is cheap and will last about 2 years if you handle it with utmost care and clean the equipment every now and then.
Q3. What kind of different coffees can you make from Capresso Coffee Makers?
There is a wide variety of product range that allows you to experiment with different kinds of coffee styles. You can get yourself a classic cup of Joe in any serving size you want. There are different models that give you an excellent cup of drip coffee. Other models can help you master your latte art and make amazing barista style drinks at home. You can brew yourself cappuccinos and make espresso shots just as you please.
Q4. How to use a Capresso Espresso Machine?
1. Make sure the machine is plugged in and turned off. The glass carafe is removed from the drip tray. Important: The steam knob must be in the closed position. The coffee/steam selector points to the cup symbol in front of the machine (stronger coffee). Moving the coffee/steam selector to the right accelerates brewing and decreases coffee strength.
2. Fill the basket with ground coffee, using the measuring scoop. The basket is marked on the inside indicating “2 cups” and “4 cups”. Never overfill the basket. Clear any excess coffee from the rim of the filter holder. Important: it is not necessary to tamp (press down) the coffee.
3. Insert the basket into the filter holder, and then insert the filter holder into the machine.
4. Turn filter holder to the right until it reaches the “locked” position.
5. Fill the glass carafe to the upper rim of the metal band (approx. 10 oz.) with fresh, cold water.
6. Unscrew the boiler cap. Using the glass carafe, fill the boiler with water and close the boiler cap securely.
7. Place the carafe lid on the carafe so that the opening on the lid points towards the pouring spout of the carafe. Place the carafe on the drip tray.
8. Turn the power switch on. The power switch illuminates and the machine starts heating the water.
9. After approx. 2 1/2 to 3 minutes hot water will start forcing its way through the filter holder into the carafe.
When you have enough espresso in the glass carafe turn the power switch off and turn the coffee/steam selector to the steam symbol on the left to stop the flow. Remove the carafe and serve. Add a bit of sugar and enjoy.
Tip: To avoid a “burnt taste” never process all the water through the coffee. Once the brewing noise increases and steam develops, stop the brewing.
10. Important: Do not open the boiler cap. Do not remove the filter holder. First depressurize the machine.
After de-pressurizing remove the filter holder by turning it to the left to the “open lock” symbol. Then push the thumb-guard of filter holder over the hot rim of the basket. Dump the used coffee and rinse the basket and the filter holder under running water. Return the coffee/steam selector to the cup symbol.
[The list of above instructions is an excerpt from the official CAPRESSO espresso maker guide, for more information, refer below link]