Why 4 cup coffee makers?
If you are person who wants to prepare multiple cups of coffee at a time and consume it one after other, or if you need to prepare for your family members or friends frequently, then 4 Cup coffee makers are one of the best options for you.
4 Cup coffee makers allow you to prepare 4 cups of coffee at a time to fulfill your needs.
Comparison of Top 3 Best 4 Cup Coffee Makers
Review of 15 Best 4 Cup Coffee Makers
We reviewed top 12 Best 4 Cup coffee makers available in market considering all the aspects that any coffee lover look for, please check the details and select the best coffee maker that fits to your requirements.
1. Cuisinart DCC 450BK 4 cup coffee maker with stainless steel carafe
Cuisinart has been a tried and trusted brand for several decades. This 4 cup coffee maker is a perfect gift for your friends and will look good on your kitchen counters. Cuisinart’s coffee maker is for those small kitchen spaces.
This machine allows you to brew 4 cups of hot and delicious coffee and includes a brushed stainless steel garage. The NO DRIP Brew Pause allows you to pour a cup while brewing. Cuisinart’s coffee maker allows for a worry free use as the machine shuts off automatically after 30 minutes. The lid of the water reservoir opens up, rather than sideways.
- 4 cup carafe with stainless steel pour spout and knuckle guard.
- ‘On’ Indicator light.
- 30 minute shut off.
- Brew Pause feature that allows you to pour a cup of coffee before brewing has finished.
- Small footprint that takes up less counter space.
- There is an instruction manual included.
- Limited 3 year warranty.
2. BRAUN KF6050WH brew sense coffee maker
With this excellent coffee maker, you can have your delicious cup of Joe anytime, anywhere without wasting energy and end up saving those daily trips to the barista. It also features the all new, advance Pure Flavor Technology.
The great part is, it always maintains the right temperature of your coffee automatically, this saves your coffee grounds from burning. This technology helps extract the full aroma of the coffee grounds which tastes better than the traditional aluminium coffee pots which has been loved by a lot of our customers.
Additionally, it is a programmable coffee maker which gives you the option to set your brew cycle up to 24 hours in advance. You can set it from 1 to 4 cups according to your needs. You can also brew a full pot without risking the quality of the coffee. It also comes with the brew pause feature which helps you to serve a cup of coffee mid brew.
- The 24 hour advance brew feature helps you set the timer on your brew cycle to get a cup of coffee as soon as you wake up.
- It maintains the temperature of the coffee and taps into the full texture of your coffee.
- You can set your coffee maker to brew 1-4 cups of coffee or an entire pot.
- It also features an easy to read clock anywhere from the kitchen.
- The carafe also captures the air from escaping which prevents the coffee flavor from evaporating.
- Easy design.
3. HamSwan AD -103 coffee maker
HAM products, with simplistic designs and easy to use Operations. If you are looking for drip coffee makers, then this is the right choice for choice. The machine claims to be time efficient which brews an around 10 cups in just six minutes.
It also features powerful thermal extraction technology which taps into the full flavors of the coffee grounds and it is one of a kind. With 5 ,special outlets set your preferred strength and richness and balance the coffee during the brewing process.
It also has the 24 hour advance programmable feature. It can also set the coffee warm after the brewing process has finished. It definitely sounds like an excellent choice. It comes with a filter basket and measuring spoon.
- The 24 hour advance programmable feature.
- There is an automated shut down feature in this coffee maker.
- The warming plate, keeps the coffee hot for a long duration.
- It can brew up to 4 cups in about 4-5 minutes.
- Customize the texture, richness, strength of the coffee according to your preferred taste.
4. Mr.coffee simple brew 4 cup switch coffee maker, white
Mr. Coffee has been a top choice among coffee snobs for years on end. I have had friends tell me, how they got their Mr. Coffee coffee makers as wedding presents and after 5-6 years with proper care, they are still using it.
This brand has been in the market for a long time and has proved to be one of the best 4 cup coffee maker machines. With a variety of different coffee makers, this product definitely comes in the top three. Wake up to a delicious cup of Joe first thing in the morning with this 4 cup switch coffee maker.
This coffee maker has a simple design and functionality with some modernized touch. It brews great tasting coffee with little to no effort. Making an excellent cup of coffee with nuanced taste down to the last sip is a one of the many great things about this coffee maker.
Features a grab a cup Auto Pause feature that allows you to pause the brewing process mid cycle, then grab a cup and resume it making it perfect for those customers who just cannot wait for their morning cup of Joe.
- Dual water window helps you to see the water level in the water reservoir.
- The on/off indicator light feature allows you to see that the coffee maker is on and helps you turn it off.
- It also includes a lift and easy clean filter basket for fast cleaning without any hassle.
- Small size makes it perfect for small kitchen counters and offices.
- Grab a cup auto pause, pauses the brewing process mid cycle for you to grab a cup.
5. Braun KF7150BK Brew Sense
This amazing drip coffee will completely change your outlook on how you serve coffee to your guests. The exceptional coffee maker makes a great gift that definitely falls in your budget plus the coffee tastes nuanced down to the very last sip.
It has a free standing counter top space and a small footprint. It does not clutter your kitchen space and looks aesthetically pleasing. Basic operation and pug and use design makes it an excellent coffee brewing machine. Just like the classic Braun brew sense, it maintains the temperature of the coffee and has a programmable feature.
- Brew selector for optimizing the strength of the coffee according to you preferred taste.
- 24 hour advance programmable timer
- It can brew 1-4 cups in regular and bold strengths
- Maintains the correct water temperature.
6. Gevi 4 Cup Coffee maker with auto shut-off
Gevi products are an up and coming brand with a good selection of different kitchen appliances. The 4 cup coffee maker can be an excellent choice for a lot of people out there. It is an easy to use drip coffee machine with basic operational technology.
The swing out basket design makes cleaning easy and without any hassle. The basket swivels out from the basket holder. The permanent filter funnel is dishwasher safe. The stainless steel décor looks elegant on the kitchen counter and compact size does not clutter any space.
The auto shut off feature helps in boil dry protection. There is a warming plate and the coffee maker is anti drip which ensures no messy spills. The coffee has a bold flavor with intense richness, it makes the cup of coffee all the more delicious. Works well for small spaces like apartments, condos, offices, small kitchen counters etc.
- The non stick warming plate holds coffee warm for about 2 hours and the auto shut off feature for boil dry protection.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- The filter basket swivels out easily.
- One push button Technology for basic operation.
- The carafe is heat resistant with borosilicate glass that increases the durability.
- 30 second anti drip to pour a cup of coffee before the entire brewing cycle completes.
7. Elite cuisine EHC 2022 maxi matic 4 cup coffee maker
Cuisine kitchen appliances have been on the top of their game in the recent years. This is the coffee maker is preferred by a lot of the customers since it has a really pleasing aesthetic appeal. The design is simple and sleek with a lot of different features.
This coffee maker does an excellent job at brewing the perfect coffee cup. Each and every part is impressively constructed which makes it ideal for home as well as offices. The carafe is dishwasher safe. It also has a pause and serve feature that comes handy.
The water reservoir is partially transparent to keep a check on the brewing process. Included environment friendly washable filter that saves a lot of money.
It comes with a power indicator light to recognize whether the equipment is on or off. Enjoy the great taste even after an hour after the brewing is complete as the hot plate keeps the coffee warm.
- The water reservoir is partially transparent with water level markings to see the brewing cycle.
- The pause n serve feature allows customers to grab a cup before the entire cup brews.
- The filter is washable which saves money and helps the environment too.
- There is power indicator light.
- The carafe is dishwasher safe.
8. Black + DECKER 5 cup coffee maker, black CMD700BZ
Black and Decker has been a choice of a lot of customers for decades. It has a wide range of products that have trusted by people from all age groups. This coffee maker is compact and suited for small spaces like condos, apartments, student dorms, small offices.
This is a basic coffee pot that gives you delicious brewed coffee without any hassle from the comfort of your home anytime. This coffee maker is inexpensive and easy to use. The coffee brews in a duralife carafe which is a reinforced glass carafe. There is a ‘keep hot’ non stick warming plate that can keep your coffee warm for about an hour.
The coffee maker operates quietly and efficiently, it is equipped with an illuminated on and off switch.
- The water reservoir has a water window for easy view with water level markings that helps you keep a check on the brewing process.
- Removable filter basket is environment friendly. It is easy to clean and dishwasher safe filter basket which is compatible with basket style filter papers.
- Keep hot carafe plate helps you keep your brewed carafe pot, hot for about an hour. It is a non-stick warming plate.
- The Dura life glass carafe has accurate markings for accurate filling and easy grip handle for comfortable pouring.
9. Cappresso 4 cup coffee machine
This is the ideal coffee maker for a variety of drinks like cappuccino, frappes, lattes, espresso shots etc. The machine is small in dimensions hence it has a small footprint. With its sleek design, it looks and fit anywhere on the counters. It comes with a removable drip tray. The carafe has a durable design and it is dishwasher safe.
The coffee maker gets cleaned without any hassle. The coffee maker also has a few safety features like boiler cap and thumb guard for the filter holder to prevent burn injuries. It also includes an exclusive coffee and steam selector which makes brewing and steaming extremely easy.
You can also control the strength of the coffee according to personal taste. It is an ideal coffee maker for hot water to teas, Americanos, espresso beverages, hot chocolate etc.
- The coffee maker comes with a swivel frothier with controllable steam output which works perfectly for steamed milk for lattes and frappes.
- It also includes a safety feature; boiler cap with a built in valve.
- There is a filter holder with thumb guard.
- The illuminated on or off indicator light to keep you aware.
- Removable drip tray which makes it easy to clean.
- The glass carafe is dishwasher safe.
10. Bonavita one touch coffee machine
This coffee maker comes with temperature control, that a lot of coffee snobs like me will love. The product claims to hold the temperature of water between 195- 205 degrees Fahrenheit. At this temperature you can extract the full flavor from the coffee beans or roast. There is a pre infusion feature which helps you extract most of the flavor from the coffee.
The high quality stainless steel carafe has a modern design touch and looks great. The carafe helps you to keep your coffee warm for a little while after it is made. Extremely easy to clean without any hassle, since the lid of the carafe, filter basket, showerhead are all dishwasher safe.
With all the features it definitely proves to be an excellent buy!
- Temperature control helps you get coffee at your preferred temperature.
- Pre infusion allows you to taste your coffee with a nuanced flavor down to the last sip.
- The model is compact and size which looks good on a kitchen counter top.
- The stainless steel carafe keeps coffee hot for a little while after brew cycle is complete.
11. Andis 4-Cup Coffeemaker
This is another great 4 cup coffee maker to start your morning with. It comes with stainless steel carafe to provide more durability. It also has the automatic shut off feature to protect it from heating. So you don’t have to worry about the coffee maker getting overheated and broken. Also if you forget to switch it off, it’s nothing to worry about. It will switch it off itself. Isn’t it amazing?
- It has automatic one-hour shutoff feature. This also has an indicator light that helps to maintain the machine as well as conserve energy.
- It has a Pause and Serve function which gives you the feeling of rich delicious flavors of the coffee. Moreover, it has an easy-to-pour carafe.
- It includes simple brewing instructions. Even beginners will find coffee making a no effort thing.
- It includes a non-stick warming plate.
- It also has a stainless steel/glass replacement carafe in case you mess around.
12. Haier Brew Automatic 4 Cup Coffee Maker
The list never misses this 4 cup coffee maker which comes with an additional feature. It comes with coffee beans grinder. This feature is not common among other 4 cup coffee makers. It has a beautiful design, unlike the regular coffee makers. It is small yet adds to the beauty of your kitchen shelf. You can also keep it in your study room. It gives the look of an advanced next-generation coffee maker machine.
- It comes with a grinder so now you can use authentic coffee beans of your flavor to grind and give you the best cup of coffee at home.
- The functions and dials are very easy to use.
- It has a sleek compact design which saves you the space on your shelf.
- It has 2 options either you use coffee beans or normal coffee to brew. It goes by your choice.
13. KRUPS KM550D50 Personal Café Grind Drip Coffee Maker
It is one of the best drip 4 cup coffee machines in the market. It has a permanent stainless steel filter which extracts the best flavors out of the coffee beans to get you the feel of a real authentic cup of coffee. The carafe given is made of glass so you can easily see the quantity of coffee brewed without much effort. This brand is known for not compromising on the taste factor.
- The carafe is compact with a good modern touch of design. It is made of glass and can hold a large quantity of coffee.
- You can grind coffee beans of your choice to get the perfect aroma and delicious taste.
- It can either grind or brew whole coffee beans or brew pre-ground coffee. This is an amazing feature of this 4 cup coffee maker.
- It includes a stainless steel filter which lasts long so now no worry about changing the filter every time to time.
- It is very easy to clean because of its compact small design. It also has dishwasher safe carafe.
- The water filters last long to a maximum of 2 years.
- It has powerful stainless steel burr grinder with 2 settings for the coarse or fine grind to suit your favorite coffee beans type. You can easily grind oily and flavored beans.
14. Elite Maxi – Matic Small 4 cup coffee maker
This is overall the best 4 cup coffee maker on the list. It comes with a dishwasher safe carafe and also has to Serve and Pause option. You can fill your cup and then return the carafe to the stand to brew more. It is compact and very easy to clean. It does not have paper filter, rather it has a washable filter.
- It comes with a washable filter so now you don’t have to keep a stock of paper filters. Also, it is more suitable to wash the filter rather than investing in buying paper filters.
- The carafe included in this model is dishwasher safe. So you don’t have to put more effort into cleaning it.
- It also includes a semi-transparent water reservoir.
- It is small and very easy to use.
- It comes within the average range in terms of cost compared with other brands.
15. Brentwood TS 213W 4 cup coffee maker
When it comes to 4 cup coffee makers, Brentwood is the most trusted brand. It is no doubt that their quality and features are incomparable with other brands in the market. This model comes with removable filter basket. So it is very easy to remove and clean. It suits your office setting perfectly.
- It comes with tempered and heat resistant glass carafe. It helps to see when you need a new pot to brew.
- It takes less time to brew. In just 2 minutes you get 4 cups of coffee. Now that’s something efficient.
- It is designed with an anti drip function and water level indicator.
- It is very convenient to clean. If you have a busy schedule or you are a workaholic person then it does take much of your time.
Buyer’s guide for buying a good 4 cup coffee maker that suits your needs
As I mentioned before, how important it is to research before investing in a kitchen appliances since the market is flooded various kinds of coffee makers, some of which may suit your needs and others may not. I agree to the fact that searching and finding the best kind of coffee maker can be a bit of cumbersome task and can leave you scratching your heads, so here I have come up with a guide that will help you look for your ideal 4 cup coffee maker:
- Quality of Coffee output: When buying a coffee maker you should always focus on the quality of the coffee that machine is brewing. Quality cannot be achieved by spending a lot of money. It is very difficult to distinguish which coffee maker will give a better taste. Sometimes a simple basic coffee maker can also produce results which you will love. Coffee lovers and people with some experience in coffee taste tend to prefer freshly brewed espresso machines over pod capsules coffee makers.
- Convenience: If you are one of those who just want a cup of coffee in the morning and have a busy work schedule then you should look for the ones which are easy to clean and maintain. And if you want to put more patience, taste and flavor into your coffee then go for the grinder + espresso coffee machines. It is the best of both worlds.
- Water purification: One should look for a coffee maker which uses water filtration and purification technology. This feature saves the flavor of your coffee and does not let excess iron and unwanted content of the water to compromise with the taste of the coffee. Thus you get the best taste out of your coffee.
- Coffee bean grinder: if you are a true coffee lover and have patience the go for the grinder feature of the coffee maker. A freshly brewed coffee out of freshly ground coffee beans is no match. It tastes much more delicious than a pre-ground cup of coffee. Also, you can use your own choice of coffee beans.
- Programmable digital coffee maker: Always consider the coffee maker with digital and programmable features because it not only saves your time but also eases your efforts. You don’t have to stand and wait for the coffee to brew. With digital features, you can set the brewing timing and do other chores while your coffee automatically brews. Moreover, it does not require too much attention to yours.
- Strength Control: it is an important feature, which gives you the option to control the brew strength of your coffee, from ultra rich to intense or gourmet. Enjoy various coffee strengths from the comfort of your own home, without experiencing bitter after taste.
- Auto shut off: it is an excellent feature for a lot of customers out there that are in a lot of hurry or are quite forgetful. With this feature you do not have to worry about whether you have turned the coffee of or not. Your coffee maker takes care of that.
- Filter type: Another important feature, for a lot of customers. This feature allows you to make more environment friendly coffee cups. Plus using permanent filters makes your coffee more affordable, thus you will end up saving some money. Some people do not like how the coffee tastes after passing through permanent filters so they prefer k cups etc. Personally I would ask you to use permanent filters as a little contribution towards the environment. There are conical filters, gold tone filters, silicone filters etc. So go look for your preferred option.
- Temperature control: it is an extremely important feature to decide whether you want to buy a coffee maker or not. Some coffee makers have a maximum temperature, which maybe a little cold for some customers. Other coffee makers come with a warming plate feature that keep your coffee warm for a long time.
- Cleaning options: there are many coffee makers out there that are a headache when it comes to cleaning. All the parts need to be rinsed thoroughly in order to stop bacteria from breeding. Some coffee makers come with the easy clean option, which is really helpful for a lot of buyers. Honestly, I am a careless person, so a feature like this comes handy all he time.
Above are some of the essential features that you have to keep in my before purchase your own 4 cup coffee maker, these are the most important on the checklist and good researching will lead you to the right choice.
Benefits of 4 cup coffee maker
- It is convenient for a family of 4-5 members. Instead of single coffee brewer or if you are doing it the traditional way by yourself, this coffee maker serves 4 cups in less time.
- It is small in size and requires less space. You can accommodate it in your kitchen or office or even in your study room.
- It’s cheaper in comparison to other coffee machines. Let’s face it no one would like to spend a bulky amount on just a coffee maker. But this comes within your affordable range.
- It’s easy to clean. As it is compact in size you don’t need to worry about cleaning. just a spray of water and it’s done.
Now that you are aware of how 4 cup coffee maker is going to be an essential part of your kitchen, let’s look at some of the best pieces in this category.
FAQs related to 4 cup coffee makers
How much coffee do I put in a 4 cup coffee maker?
There are a lot of coffee to water ratio calculators online that will calculate the exact amount of coffee needed to put in a coffee maker for 4 ups of coffee, since there is no such ideal coffee amount. With a lot of researching, I managed to find out the ratio preferred by a vast majority of people, that is 2 tablespoons of medium roasted ground coffee for 6 fl oz of cup of water before brewing. The American Coffee standard defines 6 ounces of water as one cup of water. If we go by this standard then for 4 cups of water, you will require 8 tablespoons of ground coffee. There is another standard by which 10grams or 0.36 oz per cup as the proper measure for brewed coffee.
How do you use a 4 cup coffee maker?
4 cup coffee makers come in handy when you are entertaining a few guests or want to make a lot of coffee before hand for your own consumption but often times I have seen people, especially the ones from older ones. So here is a quick guide for you to follow if you are facing trouble getting your coffee maker up and running.
Step 1: Add water : fill your water reservoir with water at room temperature, till the given water markings on the reservoir.
Added water does not need to be filtered, coffee makers do have filters pre installed, bottled water works fine too.
Distilled water is never recommended since coffee makers need basic minerals in water to extract the intense coffee flavors. It is always recommended to keep a weighing scale handy if the carafe does not have the water markings.
Step 2: Filter preparation: As I mentioned before the coffee makers come with permanent filters or use and throw filters also known as Conical Filters, if you prefer the taste of coffee after filtration from conical filters then this step is for you but if you prefer coffee from permanent filters skip to the next step.
Fold the crimp edges in opposite directions before placing it in the filter basket, if using a flat bottomed filter, keep it as it is in the filter basket and go on with the next step.
Step 3: Add Coffee: Obviously, this is the most crucial step. If you prefer grinding your own coffee then grind servings that will last 10 days with medium roast but if you prefer already ground coffee, then add the coffee accordingly to the filter in the filter basket and place the basket inside. Personally, I am not a big fan of fine roast since some sediments lend in my coffee.
Step 4: Brew: Just turn the machine on and let the brew cycle take its course. Some machines have additional features such as strength selector, temperature control etc. Just set those settings accordingly. The brew cycle will complete in about 3-5 minutes.
Step 5: Serve and enjoy: Just pour your coffee straight from the carafe while its is still hot and enjoy your excellent brewed cup of Joe.
How many watts does a 4 cup coffee maker use?
Looking for coffee first thing in the morning, the question of energy consumption may not be the first thought in your head but those soaring electricity bills keep you wondering, what is going wrong. So it best to know the wattage of those heavy kitchen appliances. In a 4 cup coffee makers case, most consumer models use around 750-1200 watts per day on an average. Here using automatic shut off can come real handy since it will be energy saving. This helps those hefty electric bills and environment too.
How many ounces is 4 cups of coffee?
Well technically, a cup is around 6 fl oz but that is the British standard of a tea cup, usually people in American households, go for 8 fl oz cups of coffee. So by this standard, 4 cups of coffee will be equivalent to 32 fl ounces.
How do you clean a 4 cup coffee maker?
It is extremely Important to clean these daily kitchen appliances, since these become the breeding grounds for various microorganisms and dirt. Trust me, it is dirtier than you think.
According to a survey 50% households’ coffee makers and carafes have yeast and mould growth. These germs pose a great deal of risk on everyone. If you want to save yourself from possible food poisoning incidents, then follow these two rules for cleaning your appliance.
Rule 1: Eject all removable part and wash them with soap and water after every use. It is extremely important since this step rinses coffee, grinds, oil etc. basically everything that is left behind. Also dry them with a cloth. Do not forget to clean the warming plate with a damp cloth where spilled coffee is left to burn on. Usually all the parts are dishwasher safe too. Also, leave the carafe lid open to dry completely since germs breed in moisture.
Rule 2: Decalcification of the coffee maker with water and vinegar. Hard water minerals can form scales in crevices of the coffee maker that are hard to reach with hand. This scale formation on the inner workings of the machine can cause coffee longer to drip. White vinegar and water ratio is the best way to decalcify the coffee machine.
Just fill the water reservoir with equal part water and white vinegar. Place an empty paper filter in the filter basket. Position the pot in place and ‘brew’ the solution halfway. Turn the machine off, then let it sit for 30 minutes.
Then turn the coffee maker on, brew the entire pot and throw the vinegar water mixture. Rinse everything by putting another filter paper, filling the reservoir with water and brewing it again. Repeat it once more and you are good to go.
# Additional tip : To clean your carafe, fill it with water and a little rice. This will help loosen the gunk. Use a scrub to remove all the debris and rinse well.
Make sure to use these steps to ensure proper cleaning of your kitchen coffee maker.
I hope that this answers all your questions regarding what should be the perfect choice for a coffee maker. It makes an excellent gift to give on Thanksgiving or Christmas and looks good sitting on the kitchen counter.