Hot coffee on a hot day might not look tempting, but coffee lovers can agree that hot coffee can also cool you down. So, iced coffee is now an option, especially with the presence of many coffee makers capable of brewing iced coffee.
If you like the idea of iced coffee on a hot day, you can try the Delonghi ECAM35020B. This coffee maker comes with a manually controlled steam wand and the True Brew technology for making the perfect cup of iced coffee.
The tubeless built-in burr grinder, the milk frother, the Panarello steam wand, boiler, water tank with a 60-ounce water capacity, and the coffee over-ice option make this one of the greatest coffee makers.
The coffee maker is great for domestic and office use due to its compact footprint and impressive automatic operation.
The Delonghi Dinamica ECAM35020B is a black coffee maker with an automatic brewing process.
The coffee maker can brew six serving styles: classic espresso, over ice coffee, espresso lungo, double espresso, double espresso lungo, True Brew over ice, and drip-style.
In addition, it allows you to decide between five coffee strengths and a single or double shot.
It is a fast heating machine capable of heating the water in 40 seconds with its 15 BAR pressure pump, so you get consistent and tingly coffee.
You can adjust the temperature with the four temperature settings. The 60.9 fl oz water tank’s transparent design allows you to view the water level in the tank, letting you know when the coffee maker is ready to brew your coffee.
Like most coffee machines, the Delonghi Dinamica ECAM35020B espresso machine also works with electricity and has a milk frother for those that like flavor.
In addition, it has an LCD screen with buttons. Most of these buttons have a dual function and flashlights or have single or double illumination to indicate changes in the brewing process.
The tubeless burr grinder grinds your coffee beans for low retention, comes with 13 grind settings for the different brew styles, and has a coffee bean capacity of 10.5-ounce. This is equivalent to more than a bag of coffee beans.
The coffee maker also allows you to use already ground coffee, so you have the option of decaf if caffeine looks like an unlikely option. The coffee maker manages every bean to ensure you have the freshest foamy cup of coffee on each brewing batch.
The selling points of this coffee machine will be its fast heating system, automatic brewing process, the manual milk frothing process, and its customized coffee options.
Each purchased unit contains a 10.6-ounce bean container, 60.9 fl oz water container, Descaling solution, cleaning brush, Ice cube Tray (coffee bean-shaped), water filter, and a measuring Spoon.
Table of Contents
Specifications of Delonghi ECAM35020B Espresso
1. Dimensions and Weight
The Delonghi ECAM35020B has dimensions of 9.3 x 16.9 x 13.7 inches and weighs 24.9 pounds.
2. Brewing capacity
the coffee maker can brew up to 12-15 cups of coffee with its bean capacity. You can adjust the temperature to any of the four available temperatures.
3. Tank Capacity
The water tank has a capacity of 60.9 fl oz. This is enough water to brew 12-15 cups of delicious coffee.
4. Coffee Flavor
The tubeless burr grinder extracts the best flavor from the coffee beans, and the milk frother gives you a foamy punch of coffee.
Delonghi DINAMICA ECAM35020B Build Quality and Durability
The Delonghi ECAM35020B is built with black steel to withstand heat and impact damage. It has two spouts that pour coffee into a single cup, but you also have the option of the double pour.
The Delonghi ECAM35020B does not require much attention while brewing coffee, except you use the manual milk frother to give your coffee extra foam.
This feature and the burr grinder plus standard filter system give you the best coffee and prevent the inner components of the coffee machine from being damaged due to moisture.
The solid and durable material used for this coffee machine gives it a lifespan of 2 – 5 years.
Design of Delonghi Espresso Machine ECAM35020B
It is designed for easy maintenance with removable dishwasher-safe drip trays and a brewing unit. The coffee maker has a one-touch intuitive user interface. It lets users engage in various operations using the LCD panel to deliver the best cup of coffee.
One of the useful features of the display system is the light panel. This will show you if you are running low on coffee or brewing water, if a part is not properly inserted and if the coffee maker needs cleaning.
You have your bean hopper, grinder settings, and bypass slots for decaf on the top.
The on/off button, LCD and control buttons are found in front to adjust the coffee styles and strength. The brewing unit is found at the side for easy cleaning, and the steam wand is adjustable for easy cleaning.
How to Install Delonghi ECAM35020B?
You can place the Delonghi ECAM35020B on a kitchen tabletop, under a cabinet, or close to an electricity source on a wooden mount.
Setting up and installing this coffee machine is quite simple and will only take 10 minutes as long as you understand the purpose of each control button.
Here are the steps to follow to install Delonghi ECAM35020B Coffee Machine
- Plug the coffee machine into a socket and press the main switch.
- Set your water hardness using the following steps:
- Put the coffee machine on standby and press the main switch.
- Press and hold the ‘2x’ icon until the icons on the touch screen come on.
- Press the coffee bean icon.
- Select the water hardness level by pressing the coffee bean icon again.
- Press the ‘OK’ icon to confirm the new water hardness setting.
- Fill the water tank to the max line and put in the machine.
- Place a container under the frother.
- Turn the hot water dial to the ‘I’ position and press the ‘OK’ icon to deliver water from the frother.
- When the delivery stops, turn the dial back to the ‘O’ position.
- The machine will go off
- Press the on/off button to start using the coffee machine.
To get quality coffee after each brewing process, you must brew 4-5 cups of coffee first. Use this instruction manual to make the installation process easier.
Key Features of Delonghi Dinamica ECAM35020B Espresso Machine
1. Brewing Capacity
The coffee machine has a bean capacity to handle 12-15 cups of coffee, while the water tank can brew 2-3 cups of coffee.
In addition, the coffee machine allows you the single shot or double shot option with both the espresso and lungo styles.
You can also choose between five coffee strengths depending on how you want your coffee, and the coffee machine is still the first with the True Brew technology for making Iced coffee.
2. Smart Control
This feature lets you input instructions with the control buttons and LCD panel. You will also be able to get six coffee styles at different temperatures, depending on what you want.
You can manipulate the instructions to brew the perfect recipe and choose between 13 different grinds for each recipe.
3. Burr Grinder
The tubeless burr coffee grinder is perfect for coffee lovers who love the full flavor in a cup. The grinder ensures low retention and manages the coffee beans, giving you fresh coffee anytime you brew a batch.
4. Manual Frother
The coffee machine has a manual milk frother that allows you to make creamy and frothy coffee that tastes better than coffee from other coffee makers. The manufacturers recommend cold skim or 2% dairy cold or non-dairy milk for brewing.
The manual frother will allow you to customize your cup of coffee and vary the foam levels. With no barista skills, you can make a rich, creamy cup of coffee.
How to Brew Coffee Using Delonghi Dinamica ECAM35020B?
The brewing process of the Delonghi ECAM35020B is quite simple. All that is required is to know how to use the control buttons and understand the icons.
You will find the coffee style buttons for lungo and espresso in front and double press if you want to double the size or make double espresso or lungo.
Using the over-ice button while brewing increases the grinding time, giving you more volume for your ice. It also does an extra pre-infusion and a more prolonged extraction, so you get that extra boldness for your cup of coffee.
The brewing unit is accessible from the side. It is a single heating machine that takes 40 secs to heat the water. The grinder does not support oily beans for brewing. A medium roast is suitable for your coffee.
This coffee machine can brew classic espresso, over ice coffee, espresso lungo, double espresso, double espresso lungo, True Brew over ice, and drip-style, and you can take strength from mild to bold.
Here is the simple brewing process for Iced Coffee:
- Place your cup filled with ice under the spout
- Take the strength button to five
- Push the over ice button
- Wait for your cup of coffee to brew
The coffee machine is set to brew a default quantity of coffee, but you can customize the settings.
To make a cappuccino, follow these steps:
- Place your empty cup under the spout
- Take strength to three
- And press the espresso button twice for a double shot of espresso
- Press the steam button
- Submerge the steam wand in your cup of milk
- Open the steam valve
- Hold the cup under the milk is hot
- Stop the steam
- Mix the milk in the brewed coffee
- Enjoy your cappuccino
Is It Easy to Use Delonghi ECAM35020B Espresso Machine?
The Delonghi Dinamica ECAM35020B has an easy-to-use control panel. An amateur can easily choose a brewing style and brew strength and enjoy delicious coffee without hassle with this panel.
You can fill the water tank with 60 oz of water and set the coffee machine to brew iced coffee or any other variety.
You will find a 45 inches cord to move the coffee machine around, and the adjustable spout makes it easy to place cups or mugs of different sizes under the spout. The coffee machine requires no technical knowledge for you to brew your first cup of coffee.
Filters Used in Delonghi Espresso Machine ECAM35020B
The Delonghi ECAM35020B uses a water filter to increase the quality of coffee. The water filter is included in the package for the coffee machine.
Under regular use, the water filter can last for three months, but the lifespan can reduce to 3 weeks or less if the coffee machine is left unused for a time.
The water filters need to be replaced every three months to maintain and preserve the coffee machine’s water quality.
How to Clean Delonghi ECAM35020B?
The Delonghi ECAM35020B is relatively easy to clean. The coffee machine allows you to use the rinse button to clean its internal unit.
It runs water through the internal unit and brings it out of the spout. The coffee maker also cleans itself automatically when you turn the machine off.
Remember to clean the steam wand. This will require manual cleaning with water, and you will use hot water to purge any milk residue.
The water reservoir can be cleaned internally with hot water and externally with a soft cloth. The removable drip tray and the coffee ground container are dishwasher safe, and you can also use the descaling solution to clean the coffee machine.
Ensure you properly follow the manual guidelines while cleaning this coffee machine.
Warranty and Support of Delonghi ECAM35020B
The Delonghi ECAM35020B comes with a 2-year warranty and an additional one year if you register your coffee maker on the company’s website.
The 2-year warranty covers any fault that might occur within the first two years of use without tampering with it. Once you register your product, you extend the warranty by a year.
The customer support of Delonghi ECAM35020B is prompt and responds to queries sent via the support page on Delonghi website within 48 hours.
Is it worth Buying Delonghi ECAM35020B?
Pros (8 Reasons to Buy)
- Has programmable functions
- Maintains a consistent shot
- The steam wand is easy to use
- Six different coffee styles
- Infused iced coffee not watered down
- Has standby features in case of power failure
- Energy-saving features
- Different user profiles are available
Cons (3 Reasons not to Buy)
- The icons can be confusing at first
- Limited automatic brew for coffee
- Quite expensive
User Review and Feedback on Delonghi ECAM35020B
- Users appreciate how easy the coffee machine is to clean, making it easier to maintain.
- Customers love the innovative design that helps them save energy and prevent leakage.
- Users are happy with the burr coffee beans grinder that automatically grinds the coffee beans and ensures low retention.
- Some customers say that the coffee machine can only brew 2-3 cups of coffee with a full water tank. They say refilling the tank after every 2-3 cups is stressful.
- Some customers say the manual is hard to read, and the coffee machine is difficult to understand at first.
Our Rating of Delonghi ECAM35020B
|Easy to use
According to user reviews, the Delonghi ECAM35020B is a pretty fast and superior coffee maker.
The build quality is rated 8.5 as it uses heat-resistant, solid steel to protect the machine’s internal components. The downside of using steel is that some parts can be hot to touch after the brewing process.
The easy-to-use feature is rated 8 as the smart control icons and the LCD that help the users navigate the machine. However, few customers complained about the difficulty in understanding the manual, there is scope to improve.
The brewing capacity is rated 7.5 as it has some limitations on the quantity that can brew at a time.
The speed is rated 9 because it can heat water in 40 seconds, start the brewing process immediately, and give you a coffee cup within a minute. Most automatic coffee makers cannot heat water this fast.
The thermal capacity is rated 8.5 because the coffee maker can brew Iced coffee without reducing the quality while keeping the puck dry.
On the other hand, most automatic coffee machines cannot keep the cubes dry and still make bold iced coffee. Hence, the Delonghi ECAM35020B is suitable for domestic and office use.
This is sufficient information to help you decide whether to purchase the Delonghi ECAM35020B or another coffee maker in the Delonghi Magnifica series. According to reviews, the coffee machine has great heating speed and has a simple automatic brewing process.
- ALL-IN-ONE BARISTA - With bean-to-cup brewing and a built-in burr grinder, the Dinamica Espresso Machine produces cafe-quality beverages like espresso, long espresso, drip style coffee, and even iced coffee at the push of a button.
- EASY TO USE - Customize the size & strength of every cup with our automatic, touch-sensitive interface. Our revolutionary technology grinds the perfect amount of beans, leaving no residue in the brew unit, so your next cup is just as fresh.
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY - With an integrated manual frother, enjoy your cafe favorites like lattes and cappuccinos with rich, creamy foam whether you use milk or your favorite milk alternatives like: almond, soy, coconut, or oat.
- QUICK CLEANUP - Cleanup is simple & easy, saving you time. No chemicals are needed—just pop out the drip tray & drop it in the dishwasher.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED - The Dinamica Espresso Machine comes equipped with a descaling solution, a cleaning brush, a coffee bean-shaped ice cube tray, a water filter, and a measuring spoon.
- BETTER EVERY DAY - A De’Longhi product always turns everyday activities & moments into something special. Born in 1974 as a brand of electric radiators, we now offer innovative appliances for every area of the home.
Delonghi has made coffee lovers believe that coffee should not be just hot but also iced for a hot and tiring day. Still, you can go for another coffee maker outside this series if you are worried about the cost of this super-automatic coffee machine.