To start a long day or at the end of one, nothing might look better than a perfect cup of coffee. Of course, it becomes dreadful when the coffee is not as perfect as it ought to be, but you still clean your pour-over setup, try to measure your coffee grounds and other ingredients accurately, and leave a mess in the Kitchen.
The Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee Machine from Gevilife is for coffee lovers who itch for that perfect cup of coffee. This innovative coffee maker brews coffee with precise professional-grade standards and with less work.
The coffee machine replaces traditional tools and techniques with modern and superior parts that give you micro and uniform coffee grounds to get the best flavor.
It has different brew options and up to 51-step grind settings with a built-in digital scale to measure the coffee beans and ensure the perfect grind.
There is also an automatic mode for beginners who are not sure of the ingredients and timing they will need for that perfect brew.
This review will look at the Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-over Coffee Machine’s characteristics, features, and operations.
The Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine with built-in grinder can brew different varieties of coffee and works with different coffee grounds, including French Press, Filter Drip, Pour Over, Aeropress, and Espresso.
It has an automatic grinder with 60mm flat burrs, 51 step grind settings, and a digital scale.
This grinder gives the best coffee grounds with close to zero retention.
In addition, the grinding system is quiet and can give you enough grounds for a gold-standard cup of coffee.
The gevi 4 in 1 smart pour over coffee maker also helps users with detailed instructions to begin brewing if they are too tired or if it is their first time. You can use the master mode option if you know the brew you want.
It has an automatic mode that allows you to input only three steps to get your coffee and try new recipes depending on the progress bars and digital graphs. You get to try new combinations of brew ratios, brew speeds, and bloom times, then save them for future use.
This means you can save and replicate your coffee recipes anytime with the Gevi 4-in-1 brewer, then brew on demand. The coffee maker also allows you to automatically descale the water tank and start the second round using the ‘Second Cycle’ button.
You will find a cleaning brush and a coffee scoop in the hopper’s lid. The coffee maker does the work and sets up a variety of presets to enhance the manual pouring of the coffee.
The unique proposition of this coffee maker will be its smart feature that allows users to get a specific recipe.
Specifications of Gevi 4-In-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee Machine
1. Dimensions and Weight
The Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine has dimensions of 17.09 x 13.98 x 12.8 inches and weighs 22.4 pounds.
2. Brewing Capacity
This coffee maker can brew up to 5 coffee varieties, including espresso. The coffee maker can keep the temperature at 203°F and has a four-stage bloom time.
The coffee machine uses strong aluminum and insulated plastic. This increases the durability of the coffee machine.
4. Tank Capacity
The water tank has a capacity of 0.64 liters. It has enough water to brew a complete carafe of coffee.
5. Coffee Flavor
The coffee machine has a flat burr grinder, a 360-rotating spout, and an insulated tank to maintain the correct temperature to extract the coffee extract’s full flavor.
Gevi 4-in-1 Brewer Build Quality and Durability
The Gevi 4-in-1 Coffee Maker is built with insulated solid aluminum to withstand heat, moisture, and impact damage, while the Carafe is made with glass but has a plastic mid rib for carriage.
Unlike other pour-over coffee makers that require your attention, the Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine gives you a gold cup of coffee for less attention. This method and the 360 rotating spouts ensure you get the most from your coffee grounds.
The build of this coffee maker ensures that the components will not have to be replaced until after five years.
Design of Gevi 4 in 1 Smart Pour Over Coffee Machine
The Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine has a sustainable and innovative design to help make the brewing process for coffee drinkers easier. In addition, the manufacturers allow users to pick a color that matches their kitchen design and is aesthetically pleasing.
It only takes small counter space and has flat burr grinders that accompany a coffee chamber with a capacity of 529 lbs. However, the coffee machine is quite heavy due to its aluminum build.
The Carafe has insulated plastic for the midrib to protect your hands and wrist while pouring hot coffee. It has metal, plastic, and reusable paper filters. The water indicator has a sharp gradient to see the water level.
You also find that the coffee machine has an intuitive scale that measures the coffee beans accurately.
In addition, the water lid for the stainless-steel water tank can be screwed into place, and the spout is allowed to rotate. This innovative design allows the Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine to brew perfect coffee.
How to Install Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee Machine?
You can place the Gevi 4-in-1 Coffee Maker on a kitchen tabletop, a wooden mount, or under a kitchen cabinet. It should be placed close to an electrical source where it can be connected for use and disconnected after use.
You can set up this coffee maker within 20 minutes and brew your first batch of coffee.
Steps to be follow to install Gevi 4-in-1 Brewer:
- Remove the package
- Remove all labels
- Clean and fill the water tank
- Clean glass carafe
- Clean filter with a soft brush and place on top of the carafe
- Now place the carafe below the spout at the base of the coffee machine
- Set the timer for your brew
- Weigh the coffee beans
- Measure coffee beans into the grinder
- Get ready to program your brew
Key Features of Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee Machine
1. Brewing capacity
The coffee machine has a 1:16 brewing ratio, a 4-round pouring system, a 4-stage brew speed, and a 4-stage bloom time to get the perfect brew. The Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine can brew up to 0.64 liters of coffee in 4 minutes.
The three jet spouts that rotate at 360 and pour from 3 inches up imitate the movements of a barista to give you the best coffee grounds.
2. Smart Control
The coffee machine has a smart control feature so you can set the available options to brew the perfect coffee or repeat a favorite recipe.
The smart control can be found on top of the coffee maker with a touch screen feature and instructions to help you navigate the operation of this coffee machine.
This feature allows you to start the brewing process with three automatic mode inputs and move away until the timer stops.
3. Coffee Bean Grinder
The coffee machine has a flat burr grinder that gives a 1:16 coffee brew ratio. This grinder works automatically and makes sure the coffee grounds are compatible with the brewing process.
The gears of the grinder turn slowly to reduce noise generation and still works efficiently with the ability to last 529 lbs of coffee beans.
4. Barista Mode
The Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine has an automatic barista mode that allows users who are not familiar with a recipe to brew a perfect cup of coffee still.
Every step of the grinding, heating, blooming, and brewing processes can all be ramped up, slowed, or even paused while you manage your brew in the barista mode.
The spout also rotates at an angle of 360° to provide that perfect barista setting and brew the coffee that suits your taste.
Brewing Process using Gevi 4-in-1 Brewer
The Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine can brew standard Espresso, French Press, Filter Drip, Pour Over, and Aeropress.
It also uses a modern pour-over technique with a 360 rotating spout to give hot coffee with the best flavor and 51 grind settings for different coffee varieties.
You use a 0-10 grind setting for Espresso, 11-20 for Aeropress, 21-30 for Pour Over, 31-40 for Filter Drip, and 41-50 for French Press.
The coffee machine allows you to adjust the rotation speed to get a maximum bloom. The slowest is 30 sec/turn, the medium is 25 sec/turn, the fast is 20 sec/turn, and the fastest is 15 sec/turn. You can choose between any speeds and program the coffee machine to brew your recipe.
You can also set the temperature of your brew to 99°C or 203°F. This temperature affects the maximum flow rate, and as the temperature rises, the flow rate reduces. The brewing process is simple with the automatic mode and barista mode.
Below is the brewing process of the Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine:
- Use the measuring spoon in the hopper’s lid to measure the coffee beans grinder till full
- Place the filter in the carafe
- If desired, place the reusable paper filters into the metal or plastic filter
- Adjust the grind setting depending on the coffee beans
- Allow the grinder to blend the coffee beans into the filter
- Program your brew with the control panel
- Select the brewing temperature
- Confirm brew recipe
- Wait for 1-2 minutes to get brewed coffee and 5 minutes to get a full carafe
The brewing process will only have slight variations depending on the coffee grounds. The variations could be the temperature change or the grind setting.
Is it Ease to Use Gevi 4 in 1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee Maker?
The Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine is simple with an easy-to-navigate smart control panel. With this panel, even an amateur can brew the perfect cup of coffee.
You can fill the carafe with just three inputs in the automatic mode and set the timer so that the coffee maker goes off when the brewing process is done.
The coffee maker requires no technical knowledge and can be used once the machine has been set up.
Filters Used in Gevi 4 in 1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee Machine
This coffee machine uses a reusable stainless-steel filter or a plastic filter. You will also find filter papers in the package to start the brewing process.
The coffee maker is compatible with any reusable paper filter as long as they are appropriately placed for the brewing process. Replace the paper filters for the next brewing batch.
Use the brush attached to the hopper’s lid with vinegar to clean the metal and plastic funnels thoroughly after use. This will ensure you have no residues left to affect the next batch of coffee.
How to Clean Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee Machine?
The Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine has a cleaning mode that cleans the machine and makes it ready for another brew in 2 cycles.
Fill the water tank with 300ml of water for descaling and add a proportional amount of descaler (3g) to the water. Place a container under a water outlet and confirm to start the first cycle. Repeat this process and confirm for the second cycle.
This will descale and clean the tank so you can brew another batch of coffee. Again, 50,000 ml of water is sufficient for two successive descaling processes.
Warranty and Support of Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour Over Coffee Machine
The Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine comes with a limited one-year warranty. The manufacturer believes the coffee machine is free from defects and offers unsatisfied customers a full refund or a free repair within the first year of purchase.
The customer support of Gevilife is prompt and responds to queries sent via the Gevi website within 48 hours.
Is it worth Buying Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee Machine?
Pros [6 Reasons to Buy]
- The coffee machine has an automatic grinder
- It has a timer
- Easy to maintain
- Innovative design
- Occupies less space with a small footprint
- Has a smart control
Cons [2 Reasons not to Buy]
- It is expensive
- Can be slow during the first run
User Reviews and Feedback on Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee Machine
- The following are some of the good comments made by consumers about the Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine:
- Users appreciate the descale feature of the machine. They say it makes the cleaning process easier.
- Customers love the innovative display at the top of the coffee machine. They say it lets them brew their coffee to perfection and see progress bars.
- Users are happy with the coffee beans grinder that automatically blends the coffee beans to ensure maximum flavor.
- Some customers say that the coffee machine is a little slow and produces lukewarm thin coffee at the initial brew.
Our Rating of Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee Machine
|Easy to use||9.5|
According to user reviews, the Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-Over Coffee machine will have to make adjustments to remain a user favorite.
The build quality is rated 8.5 because it uses heat-resistant, strong aluminum and insulated plastic that protects the machine, but the Carafe uses glass that shatters on impact.
The easy-to-use feature is rated 9.5 as it offers intelligent control buttons and an LCD that gives users instructions on navigating the coffee maker.
The brewing capacity is rated 9 because it can brew five variations of delicious coffee that meet the gold cup standard. Other coffee makers that brew multiple variations of coffee do not make excellent grades using the pour-over technique.
The speed is rated 9.5 as it can replicate saved coffee recipes, start the brewing process immediately, and give you a coffee cup in 2 minutes. Most coffee makers that use the pour-over method do not save coffee recipes, and the brewing process takes a typical 24 hours.
The thermal capacity is rated 9 because the coffee maker can keep the brewed coffee hot with a warming plate by heating at intervals for 24 hours, unlike other coffee makers that can only keep your coffee warm for 2-4 hours and go lukewarm.
This is sufficient information to help you decide whether to purchase the Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour Over Coffee machine or move to another brand that fits your coffee needs.
- ☕【UNMATCHED GRIND CONSISTENCY】: When choosing a grinder, perhaps no virtue is as important as consistency- it helps you refine your technique and prevents distortion of your coffee’s flavors. That’s why, unlike traditional conical burr grinders, Gevi uses flat burrs to create more uniform micro-grounds and allow you to extract the maximum flavor, without heating up and distorting the flavor of your beans.
- ☕【STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS】: Not at your best before your morning coffee? Gevi’s Beginner Mode displays instruction screens to guide you through the process. Experienced users can use Master Mode instead for a quicker experience, once they’ve got the hang of things.
- ☕【FOR ALL BREWING METHODS】: Different brewing methods need different grounds. It’s not enough to be consistent if you lack flexibility. That’s why Gevi's rotatable dial allows for 51 distinct grind settings, and it can process a wider variety of coffee beans to produce many different extraction levels. This way, you have complete control over exactly how your grounds turn out, every time, for any drink you like.
- ☕【EASY TO ACCESS CHAMBER】: The technique for perfect pour-over coffee is straightforward and fun, but it requires a long time to perfect, and every iteration takes time and focus. Gevi is here to help you easily, quickly, and reliably reach that level.
- ☕【USE AUTO MODE TO SKIP FINE-TUNING】: The Gevi automatic mode is designed to ensure every cup achieves the Gold Cup Standard. Users only need to input 3 steps in Automatic Mode, so you won’t have to worry about hand grinding your beans, blooming grounds manually, or carefully monitoring the temperature, angle, and speed of each pour- Gevi can take care of all that for you!
According to Gevi 4-in-1 reviews, the coffee machine produces delicious coffee for less work and has a smart brewing system to improve the process. Still, you can go for another coffee maker if you are worried about the cost of this coffee machine.